Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » THE 2ND ANNUAL POINT REYES BAY AREA BPL TRIP

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
THE 2ND ANNUAL POINT REYES BAY AREA BPL TRIP on 10/15/2009 19:09:21 MDT Print View

Here we are in mid-Oct. already. January is not too far away. What date seems like a good one to do? Now, here is the crux of the question. Should we do a 2 night trip and shuttle again, or should we leave it at one? Just curious? Also playmates, what date works out for everyone. Obviously not everyone will be ok with the date chosen and hopefully that is a VERY small number. Maybe the last weekend of January??????

Or should we do one night at Point Reyes and the other at Golden Gate Rec. Area just north of the Golden Gate Bridge. A change of place for each night might allow other to join in??? Just thinking out loud. Discuss!

Alos for Point Reyes, I need to know asap as to what weekend so that I can secure permits. If we go past the alloted amount, then it will be first come first serve as to how the trip fills up. Once filled up, then it will be the folks that did not get in on time to make reservations for a campsite, and obviously join us for the festivities.

Oh and this year? No Ken crazy stuff...........yeah right

Edited by kennyhel77 on 10/15/2009 19:11:22 MDT.

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
THE 2ND ANNUAL POINT REYES BAY AREA BPL TRIP on 10/15/2009 19:31:54 MDT Print View

When are you guys going to put together a backpacking trip in Napa, from vineyard to vineyard?

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
"THE 2ND ANNUAL POINT REYES BAY AREA BPL TRIP" on 10/15/2009 19:34:27 MDT Print View

I'm in for two days at Reyes. Whatever weekend I'll be there. I would not want miss the floor show! Seriously, We love you man!

David Lutz
(davidlutz)

Locale: Bay Area
"THE 2ND ANNUAL POINT REYES BAY AREA BPL TRIP" on 10/15/2009 21:14:38 MDT Print View

I'd like to get in on this.....

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
"THE 2ND ANNUAL POINT REYES BAY AREA BPL TRIP" on 10/15/2009 21:45:51 MDT Print View

Count me in!

If the weather looks pretty good, my wife and 6 yr old daughter might come along for the Ken Show. :)

-Tony

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: THE 2ND ANNUAL POINT REYES BAY AREA BPL TRIP on 10/16/2009 06:35:47 MDT Print View

Joe now yer talking!! Actually Backpacker had one in their lists of hikes for Sonoma

Edited by kennyhel77 on 10/16/2009 06:39:01 MDT.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Re: THE 2ND ANNUAL POINT REYES BAY AREA BPL TRIP on 10/16/2009 06:38:23 MDT Print View

noooo I will be more subdued guys.

The amount allowed on the group site is I think 15 people. We nearly filled up last year, should we take both?? I can only secure 1. Would someone be intersted in securing the other group site?

If we do 2 days, I think the site that we stayed at is the only one with group sites. I will look into this.

Robert Recinos
(rgrrecinos) - F

Locale: Redwood City
Re: Re: Re: THE 2ND ANNUAL POINT REYES BAY AREA BPL TRIP on 10/16/2009 10:03:09 MDT Print View

Ken,

That sounds great, COUNT me in. I just finished a 50 mile hike thru the Santa Cruz Mountains last weekend. I have hike Point Reyes many times just never camped there. This will give me a great chance to meet other members of BPL world.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: THE 2ND ANNUAL POINT REYES BAY AREA BPL TRIP on 10/16/2009 17:24:25 MDT Print View

I 'd like to go. One or two people, prefer 2 nights

kevin smith
(divr6347) - M
bpl hike on 10/16/2009 18:19:43 MDT Print View

myself and jumpbackjack are probably in i might bring my 5 yr old son if weather looks ok

just need to know the dates
looks like a great trip
thanks
divr6347

Jesse H.
(tacedeous) - MLife

Locale: East Bay, CA
Im in! on 10/18/2009 15:08:33 MDT Print View

what trails/camps are we looking at? hopfully the weather works with us :)

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
2ND Gathering of Gear Geeks at Pt. Reyes on 10/19/2009 16:13:28 MDT Print View

I am in Ken--Wildcat Camp Again?

P1240558

John Davis
(billybooster) - F

Locale: So Cal
point reyes feeler follower on 10/19/2009 17:28:53 MDT Print View

what dates are we looking at? I might be in for 2 peeps, 2 nights :)

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: 2ND Gathering of Gear Geeks at Pt. Reyes on 10/19/2009 18:02:56 MDT Print View

well it is looking like it will be one night. At $40 a pop one night is all that I can afford. The limit is 25 people so for those that would like to go, fantastic, just let me know. I am looking at either Jan 30-31st or Feb.6-7. Depending on the what is available. The earliest that I can put a request in is 90 days prior, so at the end of this month or the beginning of Nov. will be when I send in the application. I will tally up the folks that would like to go. If less than 15 are up for it, then that is what the permit will be for. After that, if others would like to attend, you will have to get your own site. Sorry if that sounds too harsh, but I am busy and only enough time to sort out my own agenda. We could do two nights and hike from Coast Camp to Wild Cat Camp along the ocean for two nights. Someone else would need to secure the permit for this as I cannot afford to spend $80 for a weekend of permits to hike....I am broke at the moment and I am sure you will all understand.

So if we do one night, would it be Wildcat or Coast Camp? Wildcat is around 6 miles and Coast Camp is I think 2.7 miles. Should it be two nights (and if so, then someone will need to take the lead on the second day) or should it be one night.

Discuss....

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
RE: PT REYES on 10/19/2009 20:41:10 MDT Print View

Hey Ken is that $40.00 per person per night, or is it just $40.00 to secure the permit, if so I can send you the money to secure the second night if people want to do 2 nights, or let me know how to secure a permit. Me and Kevin might go up on the Fri. before depending on work and car camp till Sat. Personally I would like to do the longer hike, but I'm up for anything. Thanks Jack

Edited by jumpbackjack on 10/19/2009 20:43:05 MDT.

Joshua Billings
(Joshua) - MLife

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca
I'd like to go on 10/19/2009 20:57:54 MDT Print View

We can all divide the permit cost big spender. Two nights sounds great from wildcat.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
2ND Gathering of Gear Geeks-Pt. Reyes on 10/19/2009 21:59:26 MDT Print View

I would prefer Wildcat Camp and Saturday night--But I am easy either way--Ken we will all help out with $$$- No worries..Send me your address and I will give you what I owe for the group permit up-front if you need it.

-Jay

Jesse H.
(tacedeous) - MLife

Locale: East Bay, CA
Re: Re: 2ND Gathering of Gear Geeks at Pt. Reyes on 10/19/2009 23:04:37 MDT Print View

this sounds like a lot of fun, I'm fine putting up money first, also have a +1 for sure, possibly two, who want to come. Sounds like a full camp, hope it isn't filled already

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
RE: PT REYES on 10/20/2009 08:44:16 MDT Print View

Ken if you have a PayPal account I can send the money as soon as you let me know, if not email me and I can send it to your house. I think everyone is willing to pitch in. Heck I'll pay for the whole thing it will be my early/late Christmas gift to everyone thats going , if thats ok with everybody. I would still be in for 2 nights if you can secure the permits I'll send you the money my gift to everyone as long as its only $40.00 per permit and not per person. I'm not that rich !!! HA! HA! any how you decide I don't mind doing this for everyone. Thanks Jack

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: RE: PT REYES on 10/20/2009 15:43:36 MDT Print View

$40 is the cost of the group site. I am down for one night due to I don't think I can get the time off from work. If you guys all want to do two nights that is fine and I will be off the next morning back home and others who chose to do two nights can carry on. I can spend the money for one night which I can handle.

If we Could get a actual headcount of who is going that would be appreciated.

Me + 1