Forum Index » GEAR » Neo Air Compatible Bivy On The Way

Display Avatars Sort By:
Peter Surna
(PedroArvy) - MLife

Locale: Melbourne
Neo Air Compatible Bivy On The Way on 10/04/2009 21:14:45 MDT Print View

My Neo Air doesn’t fit inside my Titanium Goat bivy bag too well. The top part is OK but as it slims towards the end the down in the top of my sleeping bag gets crushed. You can’t really put the NeoAir outside the bivy as that would be asking for a puncture. I contacted TiGoat about this and they said they should be constructing a NeoAir compatible bivy in 1-2 months time.

Has anyone else heard of NeoAir compatible bivys?

Paul Lippi
(Ozniot) - F
NeoAir compatible bivy on 10/05/2009 09:04:03 MDT Print View

I have the MLD Superlight bivy with extra width. I have room to spare with my tired body, WM Summerlight, and a regular length NeoAir all inside.

Roger B
(rogerb) - MLife

Locale: Here and there
Re: Neo Air Compatible Bivy On The Way on 10/05/2009 11:20:06 MDT Print View

My medium Neo Air fitted inside my BPL Vapor Bivy very well on a recent trip. I have experimented with the Neo Air (but not camped in) with the ID Unishelter and the ID all event Bivy and it seemed there was enough room for the lofting of my quilts.

I think the key issue is girth (circumference) of the bivy, that information that is not readily available for many bivies.

Steven Thompson
(stevet) - M

Locale: Northeast
Re: Neo Air Compatible Bivy On The Way on 10/05/2009 13:26:40 MDT Print View

I have a six moom designs meteor bivy. The large NEO fits perfectly, with sleeping bag and me fits perfectly.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Neo Air Compatible Bivy on 10/05/2009 15:47:26 MDT Print View

Yeah, I made a giant meteor bivy and my large fits in great!

Edited by kthompson on 10/05/2009 15:50:33 MDT.

Peter Surna
(PedroArvy) - MLife

Locale: Melbourne
Titanium Goat bivy tapers substantially on 10/05/2009 16:28:15 MDT Print View

The Titanium Goat bivy tapers substantially and this is the problem. I am going to try and make by own bivy when my Cuben order gets in.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
ti goat on 11/27/2009 20:17:31 MST Print View

I sent a couple of emails of late, but nothing back

anyone else here of anything from Ti Goat?

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: ti goat on 11/27/2009 20:22:06 MST Print View

I spoke with him last week. He's made a few, they're out in the field. He said they seem to be working well, and he hopes to have them up on the site for ordering in a couple of weeks. FWIW.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

great! on 11/27/2009 20:35:58 MST Print View

thank you sir :)

Jonathan Boozer
(anywayoutside) - MLife

Locale: South East
Re: Re: ti goat on 11/27/2009 20:52:57 MST Print View

My Raven XLW came in last week. Very nice fit for my Down Mat 7 + WM Badger. It came with the new "Omni Zip" set up -" The Omni Zip is a continuous zipper that runs up one side, across the chest, and down the other side... it has both a L and R side zip. There are 2 double tab zipper pulls that can meet up in the middle for a window type opening, or the top flap can be zipped completely open."

Not yet field tested...but I can say it is light for it's size @ 210g / 7.4oz

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

that's light on 11/27/2009 20:58:31 MST Print View

lots of features for being that light, the Down Mat 7 should be very close dimensionally to my Neo Air regular

Jonathan Boozer
(anywayoutside) - MLife

Locale: South East
Re: that's light on 11/27/2009 21:08:31 MST Print View

Neo Reg works in there as well...tried it too. 210g includes the stuff sack. Mine does not have any bug net option.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

bug netting on 11/27/2009 21:10:34 MST Print View

probably don't need it for winter :)

mine will be for "summer" so I'll go w/ the netting, shouldn't add much to the weight

Mark McLauchlin
(markmclauchlin) - MLife

Locale: Western Australia
Re: bug netting on 11/28/2009 04:23:04 MST Print View

Pedro,

I will be ordering an MLD to suit my NeoAir this week, will let you know what its like when it arrives.

Cheers