Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
I, CJW: Hiking and Climbing in Japan
Display Avatars Sort By:
Miguel Arboleda
(butuki) - MLife

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan
I, CJW: Hiking and Climbing in Japan on 10/03/2009 23:23:01 MDT Print View

This is probably the most beautiful and moving website and blog on hiking and climbing that I know. The personal blog of my friend Chris. The writing is powerful and the photographs are absolutely stunning. He reminds me every time I read his entries of why I love the mountains and get out there.

I, CJW.

Jeff Antig
(Antig)

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: I, CJW: Hiking and Climbing in Japan on 10/04/2009 00:22:38 MDT Print View

With his photography, the parking lot of Walmart would seem like an epic endeavor.

Martin Rye
(rye1966) - F

Locale: UK
Re: I, CJW: Hiking and Climbing in Japan on 10/04/2009 03:52:16 MDT Print View

His photos are amazing and the HDR he uses just makes them better. Also his climbing takes him into perfect locations for good photos. Without a doubt a top blog to follow on the web.

Miguel Arboleda
(butuki) - MLife

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan
Re: I, CJW: Hiking and Climbing in Japan on 10/04/2009 04:01:46 MDT Print View

Martin, I am also an very avid and serious photographer. Chris and I have often discussed the legitimacy and potential of HDR and come to the same conclusions: that it must accurately depict how we felt the scene was, but not add anything that wasn't really there. His use of it is quite wonderful.

joe newton
(holdfast)

Locale: Bergen, Norway
Re: "I, CJW: Hiking and Climbing in Japan" on 10/04/2009 05:55:57 MDT Print View

Another fan here.

Every post has expletive inducing photography.

William Puckett
(Beep) - F

Locale: Land of 11, 842 lakes
I, CJW on 10/04/2009 09:17:52 MDT Print View

Wow! I'm speechless with admiration!

Martin Rye
(rye1966) - F

Locale: UK
Re: Re: I, CJW: Hiking and Climbing in Japan on 10/08/2009 15:41:49 MDT Print View

I have considered HDR and also believe a photo should depict what was there. Photo shop should develop the photo to depict what we viewed and not manipulate it to be something we did not see. HDR is fine with me and I have considered it on my own blog. Chris uses HDR honestly with out a doubt and it makes his blog stand out. He also is a fine writer - which could be overlooked by the high level of the photos.