Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Going SuperStealth- Camo UL
Display Avatars Sort By:
Nathanial Eady
(DaGreekPacker) - F

Locale: California's Central Coast
Going SuperStealth- Camo UL on 10/02/2009 17:21:20 MDT Print View

In order to indulge my inner child and GIJoe I was just wondering if anyone has come across any decent UL gear in camo patterns? I've found some milspec poncho-tarps at surplus stores but they weigh about 50% more than the GoLite or Gatewood Cape Equivalents. Argueably my ULA conduit (in green in black) is moderately stealth. What have you guys found? I think I saw someone in another post say they had a camo bivy.

Jamie Shortt
(jshortt) - MLife

Locale: North Carolina
re: Camo on 10/02/2009 17:35:06 MDT Print View

You may want to check out Ray Jardine's site if you are into making your own gear. He has kits for tarps and packs and I noticed he recently added camo fabrics.

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota
Re: Going SuperStealth- Camo UL on 10/02/2009 17:54:37 MDT Print View

There are some camo fabrics available for the MYOG crowd. I don't know of any camo gear but there is a lot of browns and greens and grays out there. MLD uses earth tones for their tarps and quilts. You could use fabric dye on the packs (not the cuben one) to make them brown or olive drab or whatever.

If there is a piece of gear you want made from camo fabric but don't MYOG send me a PM and i can give a quote for what that would cost. I could also tye-dye uncoated fabrics with earth tone colors to create a custom camo of sorts. It wouldn't be free though.

-Tim

Edited by MarshLaw303 on 10/02/2009 18:21:03 MDT.

Ali e
(barefootnavigator) - F

Locale: Outside
WARNING Be very careful on 10/02/2009 18:01:52 MDT Print View

I had a stealth site that was so good I lost it. This is not a joke. It is still in the jungle on the edge of Radio Bay Hilo. I went to the pack and save to get more ramen and never found my camp again. :( Alan

Scott Bentz
(scottbentz) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Hilo on 10/02/2009 18:27:24 MDT Print View

Ali e

You may not have been all that stealth. You were most likely discovered by pacololo farmers and they removed your camo so you wouldn't come back!