Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Reading glasses
Display Avatars Sort By:
Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Flip-Up Reading Glasses on 07/22/2011 21:01:52 MDT Print View

Eyeglass frames for photographers (not necessarily reading glasses) have right and left sides that can be flipped up or down independently of one another.

--B.G.--

Brian Park
(brianpark) - F
Thank you for the suggestion... on 07/22/2011 21:41:52 MDT Print View

I'll keep everyone posted once we retail them. If Flip-Frames had the lenses you suggested, would those in your field purchase them?

Brian Park
(brianpark) - F
NEW Flip Frames Update now on FACEBOOK on 08/26/2011 19:48:45 MDT Print View

Hi Guys!

As promised, I have some new information regarding Flip Frames. I cut up short video of my father (creator) explaining why he created Flip Frames in addition to some new pics and vids.

You can check them out at facebook.com/flipframes

Our goal is to get as many people as possible to 'like' the product. The more 'likes' we get, the more confidence it gives us to move forward with this project.

Again, we would greatly appreciate your support, so please 'like' the page to help get the word out there about these amazing reading glasses. I'll keep you posted on the manufacturing process and future design styles.

Best,

Brian

P.S. We're now in the process of creating Flip Frames 'Goggles'. Can you imagine the convenience that would be bring to hard-working manufacturing professionals!

Brian Park
(brianpark) - F
Hey guys!!! Just launched our Flip-Frames project on 09/21/2011 01:08:26 MDT Print View

Really could use your thoughts on our Flip-Frames launch. Check out the video at:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ewear?ref=live

and for information, visit

www.facebook.com/flipframes (Be sure to 'like' the page)

We need massive financial and word of mouth support to get this project going. Please help us... we know our glasses are going to make your lives so much easier!!! - Brian

Arlan Beeck
(highpeakdrifter)
One Dollar Reading Glasses on 06/18/2012 21:54:50 MDT Print View

The Dollar Tree has reading glasses up to 3:50 diopter for ONE DOLLAR!

They're just as good as any other reading glasses I've used over the last 30 years.

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: One Dollar Reading Glasses on 06/18/2012 22:06:32 MDT Print View

If your eyes are the same, and you don't have a severe astigmatism $1 glasses work.

For the rest of us, go to http://zennioptical.com, plug in your Rx and inter-pupilary distance, and in three weeks you'll have UL glasses delivered to your door for as little as $15. My wife's "designer" glasses cost $35.

+1 on the glaucoma check.

[I have no vested interest in Zenni, but I do have about 6 pair of glasses spread between the house, car, the bike, and fishing kit.]

Edited by greg23 on 06/18/2012 22:09:12 MDT.

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Re: One Dollar Reading Glasses on 06/19/2012 03:56:28 MDT Print View

> in three weeks you'll have UL glasses delivered to your door
I don't think it took Zenni that long. About half maybe.
I have bought two pairs so far: one using my driving prescription and one as readers to go over contact lenses.
The driving glasses turned out to be every bit as good as the $250+ pair from the optometrist. Very similar memory-Ti frames, but 1/10 the cost (literally).

Interesting.

(Yes, +2 on the glaucoma test.)

Cheers

Edited by rcaffin on 06/19/2012 03:57:15 MDT.

Stuart Miyake
(ssmiyake) - MLife

Locale: Left Coast
Optx 20/20 stick ons on 02/13/2013 11:28:23 MST Print View

I have used these stuck onto the bottom of my sunglasses for years as stealth magnification. I use contacts for distance but my up close has been slowly doing the "age dance". Since these are sold in pairs you can even use two different magnification adjustments to compensate if you need to. I have found these sold at the local CVX store but I usually hunt the net for the best price when I need to (and haven't for for a while). Durability is excellent and I have never had a lens fall off unless purposely soaked in water to remove them. Brief exposure to water hasn't been a problem.

http://optx2020.com/hydrotac.aspx