Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Best S/W to make slide show with music?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Roleigh Martin
(marti124) - MLife

Locale: Moderator-JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group
Best S/W to make slide show with music? on 09/26/2009 20:43:50 MDT Print View

I have about 2.5 gb of best of photos of our 23 day John Muir Trail hike (we had 3-5 photographers on the hike) and would like to make a slide show with cool transition effects plus background music and the finished show can be shown on a TV. Do you have any recommended Software. I'd like to upload it to You Tube too, but in a manner that does not get the copyright cops after me -- I like http://tinyurl.com/yc343gp (click on some of his JMT videos). With his back ground music, options come up to click on amazon and buy the music -- so I bet no copyright cops are upset about use of the music. Only thing missing in his slide show is the lack of transition effects which I find cool.

Any recommendations -- what have you used?

Inaki Diaz de Etura
(inaki) - MLife

Locale: Iberia highlands
ProShow Gold on 09/28/2009 14:03:34 MDT Print View

I use ProShow Gold. It's the only one I know so I can't compare with others but I think it does exactly what you're asking for and it's very easy to use.

http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold

I don't know about the youtube upload, never tried it but I remember Photodex corporation holds your shows for you to share with others.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Best S/W to make slide show with music? on 09/28/2009 14:25:47 MDT Print View

What computer system do you use? Different programs for Mac and PC.

Roleigh Martin
(marti124) - MLife

Re: Best S/W to make slide show with music? on 09/28/2009 14:28:05 MDT Print View

I have Windows Vista Home Premium for 64 bit computers.

Rick Dreher
(halfturbo) - MLife

Locale: Northernish California
Re: Best S/W to make slide show with music? on 09/28/2009 14:34:11 MDT Print View

(The first and prehaps the last time I make a Mac recommendation) I made one last summer using QuickTime on a school Mac and it was dead easy. Fancypants transitions, music, everything I needed for the class final.

Have also done one on a PC using Acrobat, but I don't think that's what you're after. Windows Media Player may have similar capabilities to QuickTime, but that's an outright guess on my part.

Cheers,

Rick

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: Best S/W to make slide show with music? on 09/28/2009 15:08:40 MDT Print View

"I have Windows Vista Home Premium for 64 bit computers."

Unfortunately I can't assist. I use Macs, and it's incredibly easy to use iMovie to do what you're trying to do. I'll ask my video guys if they have any PC recommendations.

Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Best S/W to make slide show with music? on 09/28/2009 15:39:51 MDT Print View

Maybe try Microsoft Moviemaker, I think it comes with vista home- You can do all the effects, sync your pic’s to the video, etc.

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Re: Best S/W to make slide show with music? on 09/28/2009 15:59:03 MDT Print View

> I have Windows Vista Home Premium for 64 bit computers.

Condolences.

Roleigh Martin
(marti124) - MLife

Re: Best S/W to make slide show with music? on 09/28/2009 17:07:02 MDT Print View

Roger, your "condolences" made me chuckle. Both my sons have Mac notebooks. I know how much easier things are on the Mac. Someday I might make the leap.

I am trying out the Photodex Proshow Gold 4.0 because 3 posts (here and on other backpacking groups) have recommended it.

Thanks for all inputs, especially about the royalty free music leads.