Chaff-Your Rules on my Opinions??
Display Avatars Sort By:
Bill Fornshell
(bfornshell) - MLife

Locale: Southern Texas
Chaff-Your Rules on my Opinions?? on 03/04/2006 15:37:36 MST Print View

Chaff
Unrelated to any of the forums above. No rules regarding the topic. Opinions, politics, the benefits of heavy gear, you name it. Please, no commercial posts, and NO SPAM. Courtesy is monitored in the other forums. In this one, you may need some thick skin to play with the big dogs.

"The ice is cracking under you and I hope you are moving fast enough to survive".

Bill Fornshell
(bfornshell) - MLife

Locale: Southern Texas
Missing thread on 03/05/2006 13:36:40 MST Print View

POSTED BY (Anonymous )

SUBJECT: "Missing thread"
ON 03/05/2006 10:04:25 MST POST REPLY
Bill - it was the whole thread that went missing, not just your post. I don't think it was you specifically that caused this so much as the degeneration of the entire thread. You caught a fair amount of flack, and things got a bit personal.
===============================

Reply:

I moved this over here, but I understand why it might have been posted where it was.

I expressed an option that I thought was within the stated rules of Chaff. Others expressed there option about my option. I, had NO problem, with the other options. This was I thought a place for the "free" exchange of "non-agreement".

"Censorship" an interesting concept, was applied to my (or our) option. If I had been bashing my president, President Bush, I am sure the thread would still be there.

This may have been looked at as a challenge to those in charge here. A sort of test of their "Metal." I think their metal bent.

Ryan Jordan
(ryan) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Greater Yellowstone
Re: Missing thread on 03/05/2006 14:07:10 MST Print View

I removed the thread.

It no longer became an issue of strong and varying opinions, but an exchange of personal attacks.

Thick skin and challenging each other's opinions is one thing, degrading the commentary to the point of treating each other like crap is another.

Marion Watts Jr
(mdwattsjr) - F

Locale: Midwest
Re: Re: Missing thread on 03/05/2006 14:16:53 MST Print View

Good call, Ryan. The right move.