Nesco FD-61WHC Food Dehydrator
Display Avatars Sort By:
Tim Testa
(MichaelRedbeard) - F
Nesco FD-61WHC Food Dehydrator on 09/15/2009 00:40:27 MDT Print View

I bought one of these thinking I was going to get all into the world of dehydrating, but like many of my impulse buys this just proved to be something I used only twice. Due to my impatience, dehydrating is not for me. I have everything that came with it. Even the spice packages to make the jerky that came with it and the recipe book that is only included as a bonus on certain deluxe models. I have owned it for just over two months. I also have all the 5 trays plus manuals, warranty information, unused Jerky Gun, and box to go along with it. If you are interested in venturing into dehydrating food, I will sell you mine for $50 and ship it to you for free provided that you live in the lower 48 states. If you are serious, I could even take pictures of it too, but all you would being seeing is what looks to be like a completely brand new unit. Again, I only used it twice to dry apples. PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

Here is the link to Amazon where I bought it from and it describes the unit more thoroughly than I have. The recipe guide is really useful though. It tells you how to prepare various types of fruits, meats, and vegetables as well as what temperatures to cook them at.

http://www.amazon.com/Nesco-American-FD-61WHC-Snackmaster-Dehydrator/dp/B0002WSQHU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1252883704&sr=1-3

I forgot to mention that the unit comes with two fruit leather trays as well so you can make fruit roll ups and two other specialized trays for dehydrating herbs and sticky fruits. All trays 9 trays are dishwasher safe too.

Tim Testa
(MichaelRedbeard) - F
SOLD on 09/15/2009 09:46:59 MDT Print View

SOLD

Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

Locale: Ontario, Canada
dishwashing trays on 09/15/2009 10:05:59 MDT Print View

To the person who bought the dehydrator - while the trays are dishwasher safe the soaps can cause degradation over time so you are better to handwash them. Just thought I'd mention it as I learned the hard way... lol.