Fresh from having enjoyed my new larger "expedition" Aarn pockets, I have noticed a few threads on these packs as well as a couple asking about how to store cameras inside a backpack.
I put the two together and shot off an E Mail to Aarn Tate asking about the possibility of having a pocket specifically designed to hold camera gear.
As it happens, he was already ahead of me. The pockets have been designed but will be out in March next year.
Here are the specs :
PHOTO BALANCE POCKETS- for SLR cameras and lenses
These have been specially developed due to requests from professional photographers. Designed with Rebecca Brown-Thomson. Waterproof liners attach by Velcro so you can remove the camera or lenses inside their liners in wet conditions.
* Fit on all models except Marathon & Mountain Magics
* Divided for camera body and 3 additional lenses.
* Separate waterproof Dri-liners for camera and each lens
* Separate zip entry for top and bottom compartments
* Foam stiffened for stability.
* 4 mesh exterior pockets, 1 map pocket
* Converts to a daypack with add-on shoulder straps
* One torso length fits all
* 500D cordura, 210D ripstop nylon
Volume 14L + 2L / pair
Weight 470gm / pair?
I think that some will only need one, so the other can still be used (as I do...) for all the bits you want quick access such as munchies, water, map, rain gear.