Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Flies and spinning reel
Display Avatars Sort By:
Rene de bos
(piemel) - F

Locale: SF Bay Area
Flies and spinning reel on 09/01/2009 12:56:40 MDT Print View

What do I need to be able to use flies with a spinning reel? I am not sure what those floating bobbers are called behind which you can set up a fly and then slowly reel it in

Anyone have some brands/tackle they like?

I am looking for tackle that is fit for trout fishing in the Sierras/Yosemite with a light rod/spinreel setup

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Flies and spinning reel on 09/01/2009 14:24:43 MDT Print View

I use one of those clear plastic bobbers with the sliding stopper, that you can fill 2/3 with water. I don't know the name. Than tie on a 6' leader and a fly. Been working great for me in lakes since the 70s. Like -

Edited by skinewmexico on 09/01/2009 14:32:42 MDT.

Josh Leavitt
(Joshleavitt) - F

Locale: Ruta Locura
Clear bubbles on 09/01/2009 14:37:02 MDT Print View

kevin smith
flies and spinning reel on 09/20/2009 08:20:18 MDT Print View

do a search on google or yahoo for

FLY AND BUBBLE COMBO you will find info on how toset this rig up this is how i got started fly fishing and it worked great in the sierras then go and get some olive wolly buggers and go for it the seirra trout love them

if you cannot find the info you are looking for there

look up culvers sporting goods in bishop california and give them a call they are all about the fly and bubble combo nice guys and will explainto you how to get started and what to use
happy fishing

Stephen Barber
(grampa) - MLife

Locale: SoCal
a-just-a-bubble on 09/20/2009 09:25:42 MDT Print View

a-just-a bubble is available in Walmart.

Rene de bos
(piemel) - F

Locale: SF Bay Area
thaks on 09/22/2009 18:41:22 MDT Print View

Thank you guys!!!