November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Bug tent, How to attach a net top to a polycro floor
Display Avatars Sort By:
Troy Ammons
(tammons) - F - MLife
Bug tent, How to attach a net top to a polycro floor on 08/31/2009 12:07:03 MDT Print View

I am considering building a bug tent and maybe a bivy with a polycro tub floor.

I would consider the polycro tub dispoable and that is where I am stuck. Hopefully it would last a year or so, but I would like to be able to replace the tub without too much hassle.

I could velcro it, but then I would have to glue new velcro on the new tub floor, and thats a lot of velcro.

I could also tape it with thin transparent tape, then when its time to replace, just cut the tape down the middle and tape on a new floor, IE the old 1/2 tape would stay on the mesh.

Over time it would build up, but if I made the top about 2" longer, I could trim it every other floor job.

I guess I could sew it and glue on the polycro side where the penetratinons are to keep it from ripping, but not sure about that.

I have some polycro on the way, so I have not had a chance to test it yet

Any other suggestions would be helpful.