Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Cycling arm warmers
Display Avatars Sort By:
Josh White
(jdw36pu) - F
Cycling arm warmers on 08/28/2009 16:12:14 MDT Print View

One of my pet peeves on the trail is having to stop to take off my pack to secure layers as I shed them. This usually happens after I have set out in the morning at high altitudes in the summer or in the canyons of the southwest. I was thinking of picking up some of those cycling arm warmers as an alternative. That way I could just pull them off and throw them in my pocket or stuff them in a side pocket.

Does anyone do this or have other ideas/techniques???

Steven Evans
(Steve_Evans) - MLife

Locale: Canada
Re: Cycling arm warmers on 08/28/2009 17:40:29 MDT Print View

Hey Josh,
If you search for arm warmers, you'll see a bunch of threads about them. I use them to turn my t-shirt into a long sleeve. Even used to use them with my Montbell Halfsleeve...I think they're a useful piece of gear.
Steve

David Chenault
(DaveC) - BPL Staff - F

Locale: Crown of the Continent
what Steve said on 08/28/2009 18:38:27 MDT Print View

The Smartwool ones are particularly nice.

Thom Darrah
(thomdarrah) - MLife

Locale: Southern Oregon
Arm Warmers on 08/28/2009 18:43:19 MDT Print View

Defeet Armskins and Armskins Lite

www.defeet.com

Edited by thomdarrah on 08/28/2009 18:44:19 MDT.

Jason Elsworth
(jephoto) - M

Locale: New Zealand
Sleeves on 08/28/2009 19:36:38 MDT Print View

lots here

Edited by jephoto on 08/28/2009 19:39:25 MDT.

larry savage
(pyeyo) - F

Locale: pacific northwest
arm warmers on 08/29/2009 09:19:13 MDT Print View

One of the better arm warmers I've used comes from Ibex. Craft, Pearl Izumi,Descente, Sugoi, Giordana, Sock Guy,Castelli,Garneau,DeFeet,Canari,Terry and tons of others make quality arm warmers. Primal Wear makes them in Camo and Tatoo pattern, you can get them with state flags on them but my favorite is from SheBeast called Pink HighballSheila Moon Pink Highball arm warmers
I also like their Orange Hibiscus Bolero but even with sausage casing lycra I can't quite get a comfortable fit, you could be the first out on the trail with them if you don't have Terminator arms.Orange Hibiscus Bolero Shiela Moon
One of the better ways to find cycling items is to go to www.qbike.com, it gave me 656 hits for various retail and ebay listings.

Edited by pyeyo on 08/29/2009 09:22:13 MDT.

David Chenault
(DaveC) - BPL Staff - F

Locale: Crown of the Continent
beware Lycra on 08/29/2009 09:30:38 MDT Print View

The thinner cycling arm warmers that have a high lycra content dry very slowly and do not insulate well when wet.

Gordon Smith
(swearingen) - MLife

Locale: Portland, Oregon
Long sleeves on 08/29/2009 13:22:33 MDT Print View

I have a pair of Pearl Izumi arm warmers that I use for cycling occasionally but for backpacking I prefer to just wear a long sleeve shirt and roll the sleeves up for temp control. It's one less piece of gear to keep track of, and I can easily roll the sleeves back down if it gets cool or if my arms start to burn. Ex-Officio Buzz Off shirts are my favorite, they do seem to help with bugs a bit as well.

G

Edited by swearingen on 08/29/2009 13:24:56 MDT.