Forum Index » GEAR » Golite Website

Display Avatars Sort By:
647575757 347474747
(686425) - F
Golite Website on 08/28/2009 11:51:11 MDT Print View

They have the fall 2009 stuff up in the clothing section. It seems like everything is getting heavier....

Brett Peugh
(brettpeugh) - F

Locale: Midwest
WWASD? on 08/28/2009 12:09:57 MDT Print View

What will Andrew Skurka do?

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Golite Website on 08/28/2009 13:46:43 MDT Print View

You don't honestly believe Skurka uses off the shelf Golite gear, do you?

Joe Geib
(joegeib) - F

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys
Re: Golite Website on 08/28/2009 14:04:19 MDT Print View

I think Skurka modifies everything he uses.

Andy Berner
(Berner9) - MLife

Locale: Michigan
Re: WWASD? on 08/28/2009 14:13:17 MDT Print View

"What will Andrew Skurka do?"

Do they make those bracelets? price anyone?

Dan Durston
(dandydan)

Locale: Cascadia
GoLite Site on 08/28/2009 14:19:07 MDT Print View

Nice site....although a little confusing to navigate. If you go to a certain section (ie. waterproof outerwear) it takes you to a specific jacket. From there you can navigate to other coats at the bottom but there is no overview page (that I can find) so you have to browse through them all to see which is the lightest etc.

I wonder why they bothered to add stuff to the site that is going to be replaced or updated shortly. I'm thinking of their quilts and ultra series packs.

Thomas Gauperaa
(gauperaa) - F - M

Locale: Norway
Re: GoLite Site on 08/28/2009 15:44:00 MDT Print View

Yes, I experienced the same thing. Was looking for a rain pant and ended up at a specific product instead of a category page or the like. I think it's a bug.

Brett Peugh
(brettpeugh) - F

WWASD? on 08/28/2009 16:09:01 MDT Print View

But is just more that he would have to modify or not even use if they are replacing materials.

James Lantz
(jameslantz) - F

Locale: North Georgia
Footwear in stasis on 08/28/2009 18:04:45 MDT Print View

GoLite hasn't changed their footwear section on the website in about 2 years. Maybe it has something to do with selling that line to Timberland?

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Golite Website on 08/28/2009 20:33:17 MDT Print View

Timberland always owned the GoLite name for footwear (and only footwear), but sold it recently to a company called New England footwear. http://newenglandfootwear.com/

Jamie Shortt
(jshortt) - MLife

Locale: North Carolina
re: Golite Website - concern on 08/29/2009 05:56:18 MDT Print View

I hope I am just navigating incorrectly, but it would look like to me golite just eliminated all their light weight gear.

All I am seeing is packs getting heavier and feature laden and heavy weight clothing (by our standards). I can no longer find the wisp wind jacket, the virga rain jacket, or the reed pants. All I see is far heavier substitutes.

If I am missing them please let me know.

Thanks, Jamie

John Whynot
(jdw01776)

Locale: Southeast Texas
Re: re: Golite Website - concern on 08/29/2009 06:35:56 MDT Print View

The Wisp and the Ether are still there -- under Performance clothing. Don't see the Reed pants...

Donna C
(leadfoot) - M

Locale: Middle Virginia
Re: Re: WWASD? on 08/29/2009 06:46:31 MDT Print View

Andy, the bracelets are made of Spectra and sell by the nano-ounce. You need to send in your exact size because the ends are snipped off closely (like Henry Shires's guylines) so there is no extra weight involved. You could MYOG from cuben material and cut your length, make a very thin strip, roll it and then tie it around your wrist. You'll have to wear it until your death, or when your hand falls off...which ever comes first.

Matt Lutz
(citystuckhiker) - F

Re: Golite Website on 08/29/2009 07:22:53 MDT Print View

I'm scrolling through their thumbnails on the bottom, and are finding only two wp/b pants - at 11 oz and 17 oz. New items all around. What did the original reeds come in at? 5 oz? I'm sticking /w my Precip pants.

As far as packs go, the Ion is still there, but the Jam is 26 oz and Pinnacle is 32. Lots of weird stuff going on there.

It reminds me of this:
Roots

Chris Benson
(roguenode) - F

Locale: Boulder
reed pants... on 08/29/2009 09:28:23 MDT Print View

are not in the regular product section, but can be found in the online specials section for $42 - sm, med, x-lrg only.

Golite Online Specials

Edited by roguenode on 08/29/2009 09:29:15 MDT.

Jolly Green Giant
(regultr) - MLife

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com
Re: Golite Website - Now Offering XXLs! on 08/29/2009 17:04:47 MDT Print View

Don't look now my fellow tall Amazonians, GoLite is now offering XXL!

Dan Durston
(dandydan)

Canada on 08/29/2009 21:17:16 MDT Print View

I sure wish GoLite would ship to Canada. It's really hard as a Canadian to buy their stuff. Physical dealers are almost non-existent (and usually don't have your size anyways) and there are no online Canadian dealers. GoLite won't ship directly to Canada and virtually all USA online sites either don't ship to Canada or charge a ridiculous amount for doing so.

I've emailed GoLite a few times about buying from them. They tell me that they can't accept my 'Canadian credit card' which sounds like B.S. to me, because as far as I know my Visa works anywhere in the world. Every single other business in the USA has no problem with it.

Dan Durston
(dandydan)

Pro Deal on 08/29/2009 21:21:39 MDT Print View

I wonder how easy it is to get accepted as a 'pro' and what kind of discounts this entails? Doesn't seem to hard:
http://www.golite.com/sale/propurchase.aspx

647575757 347474747
(686425) - F
Pro Deal on 08/29/2009 23:01:31 MDT Print View

If you work for a guide company or outdoor retail shop, you can easily qualify. A friend of mine works ase a river guide and they just approved him. Prices turn out to be a little above cost or wholesale.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Golite Website on 08/29/2009 23:06:57 MDT Print View

There is a distributer in Canada that I contacted for Golite. They added a 20% charge up to the cost of anything ordered.

Good thing their products are becoming "Not So Golite" and are not as attractive to me as they were in the past (2 lbs for a 2010 Jam? Its frameless!).