Platy 1L bottle and using 1 micron fabric?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Brett Peugh
(bpeugh) - F - M

Locale: Midwest
Platy 1L bottle and using 1 micron fabric? on 08/26/2009 10:38:45 MDT Print View

I have a Platypus Platy 1L bottle with the closure cap and some of the 1 micron polyester fabric. How could I effectively use the fabric with the bottle to screen out random junk in the water? I though about getting another cap and hollowing the top out so I could stretch the fabric over it or using the fabric as a tampon in the mouth but I don't think either are really great ideas. What else could I do? Thanks.

Troy Ammons
(tammons) - F
Re: Platy 1L bottle and using 1 micron fabric? on 08/27/2009 10:23:14 MDT Print View

All of below you would need a cord to hang it. With plactic sheet you would want something to hold the upper part of the funnel open.

1. LW Plastic funnel with a tube on the bottom.
or
2. Cuben or plastic sheet funnel shaped from a square as below with a PEX slip fit plumbing connector on the bottom. If you do it right the oring will seal the bag to the fitting, and shove a tube into that.
or
3. Half of a plastic bottle and cap, drill a hole in the cap, put a PEX connector into the cap and hose it.

Shape funnel out of a square of your fabric to fit.