November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Display Avatars Sort By:
Brad Groves
(4quietwoods) - MLife

Locale: Michigan
Faith on 08/20/2009 13:22:42 MDT Print View

This will be the first major trip I've taken with almost exclusively self-made gear and clothing. A couple projects didn't get done in time (primarily the re-done cagoule), and some aren't worth doing... I'm quite happy with my Ti-Tri, and I'm not about to start making spoons or mugs! As our departure date draws near, however, I find that I'm perhaps more than a little nervous about everything working as planned.

My pack is built, seems ok... but will all the stitching hold? Did I reinforce things properly? Will the frame remain comfortable for two weeks on the trail? If it hovers around freezing and I have to zip up my bag, will I be able to tolerate its narrowness? Will the NeoAir alteration hold?

Sometimes it's hard to "keep the faith," ya know? I'm pretty sure everything will work fine, BUT...

Troy Ammons
(tammons) - F - MLife
Faith on 08/21/2009 08:31:59 MDT Print View

Have a good hike. Might want to take some Gorrilla tape.

Fred eric
(Fre49) - MLife

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire
Myog on 08/21/2009 08:58:11 MDT Print View

Exclusively Myog gear trip, thats quite an achievement !

I really enjoy using gear i did myself, shelter clothes etc.. but i am far from this.
And to be honest first long trip with myog shelter i brought some duc tape and a 1/3 left seamgrip tube.
I ended using both , not on myog gear but for exemple to fix my ID shortie gaiters :)