Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Faith
Display Avatars Sort By:
Brad Groves
(4quietwoods) - MLife

Locale: Michigan
Faith on 08/20/2009 13:22:42 MDT Print View

This will be the first major trip I've taken with almost exclusively self-made gear and clothing. A couple projects didn't get done in time (primarily the re-done cagoule), and some aren't worth doing... I'm quite happy with my Ti-Tri, and I'm not about to start making spoons or mugs! As our departure date draws near, however, I find that I'm perhaps more than a little nervous about everything working as planned.

My pack is built, seems ok... but will all the stitching hold? Did I reinforce things properly? Will the frame remain comfortable for two weeks on the trail? If it hovers around freezing and I have to zip up my bag, will I be able to tolerate its narrowness? Will the NeoAir alteration hold?

Sometimes it's hard to "keep the faith," ya know? I'm pretty sure everything will work fine, BUT...

Troy Ammons
(tammons) - F - MLife
Faith on 08/21/2009 08:31:59 MDT Print View

Have a good hike. Might want to take some Gorrilla tape.

Fred eric
(Fre49) - MLife

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire
Myog on 08/21/2009 08:58:11 MDT Print View

Exclusively Myog gear trip, thats quite an achievement !

I really enjoy using gear i did myself, shelter clothes etc.. but i am far from this.
And to be honest first long trip with myog shelter i brought some duc tape and a 1/3 left seamgrip tube.
I ended using both , not on myog gear but for exemple to fix my ID shortie gaiters :)