Forum Index » General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking Podcasts - Not so trendy anymore

Display Avatars Sort By:
Jack H.
(Found) - F

Locale: Sacramento, CA
Hiking Podcasts - Not so trendy anymore on 08/06/2009 19:40:40 MDT Print View

What's happened? Podcasting has lost it's allure.

BPL has produced only four podcasts in 2009. All of them about PACKRAFTING. And they're not the only ones. All the original hiking podcasts have either severely slacked off or stopped production completely.

I enjoyed podcasts a lot. And in my recent search I've found a few new ones that I'm going to subscribe to. Anyone else listen to podcasts or is the fad over? Any recommendations?

pack nwcurt
(curtpeterson) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
podcasts on 08/06/2009 20:25:57 MDT Print View

Totally agree. Seems that when the backpacking podcasts were popular a couple years ago nobody knew what a podcast was. Now that everyone is podcasting and there are millions to choose from, none are about backpacking. Strange!

Bill Poett
(wpoett@aol.com) - F

Locale: Santa Barbara
Podcast God bless Carol on 08/06/2009 20:40:08 MDT Print View

I train 4 days a week at the Santa Barbara Stadiums with a weight vest and my BPL podcast, I probally know more about Erin and Higs trip and Andrew in the ice box then anyone...... I would love some new stuff ;0)

Daniel Goldenberg
(dag4643) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwet
Re: Hiking Podcasts - Not so trendy anymore on 08/06/2009 22:10:17 MDT Print View

Try the podcasts over at backpackinglight.co.uk/the outdoor station. Pretty much weekly podcasts.

You can subscribe on itunes.

Jack H.
(Found) - F

Locale: Sacramento, CA
Re: Re: Hiking Podcasts - Not so trendy anymore on 08/06/2009 22:42:50 MDT Print View

Oooh good tip. I didn't know about that one. For others: It's semi-commerical podcasts at theoutdoorsstation.co.uk