Camp Games
Display Avatars Sort By:
Warren Maslowski
(CQBer) - F

Locale: Southeast
Camp Games on 07/28/2009 18:28:43 MDT Print View

I've been trying to think of things to do things after dinner but before bed (fun things). This has really been racking my brain, I have a 4 day backpacking trip coming up and I REALLY dont want to be bored in camp.

George Phoenix
(perrito)

Locale: Joisey
Re: Camp Games on 07/28/2009 18:52:52 MDT Print View

Who are these games for? Adults or children?

Warren Maslowski
(CQBer) - F

Locale: Southeast
Re: Camp Games on 07/28/2009 19:10:33 MDT Print View

Well most of us are teenagers and there are going to be some adults

gavin wenyon
(gavin123)
Games on 07/28/2009 20:36:07 MDT Print View

Cards? Deuces or thirteen, play for sticks and add a value to them.

video ipod if your desperate.

Edited by gavin123 on 07/28/2009 20:36:43 MDT.

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Camp Games on 07/28/2009 22:30:56 MDT Print View

There's always that old school game called "conversation".

Lori Pontious
(lori999) - M

Locale: Central Valley
hmmm. on 07/28/2009 22:42:55 MDT Print View

Snipe hunting?

Scavenger hunt? "who can find a lodgepole cone, moss, a poisonous mushroom, a lupine and a brook trout?"

Rock paper scissors Spock lizard?

cameron eibl
(cjeibl) - F

Locale: San Diego
Card games on 07/28/2009 22:54:15 MDT Print View

Cribbage (for 2), hearts, and Euchre (if you have 4 people). One deck of cards allows for allot of possibilities.

Steven Evans
(Steve_Evans) - MLife

Locale: Canada
Re: Camp Games on 07/28/2009 23:14:40 MDT Print View

Grab some BPL mini dice...yahtzee is as addictive as heroin :)

Dean F.
(acrosome) - MLife

Locale: Back in the Front Range
games on 07/29/2009 03:19:28 MDT Print View

Everyone knows how to play Uno. Everyone thinks it's lame, but then they always end up having fun when they play and get to screw their buddies with the 'skip' or 'draw 2' cards.

I'd be shocked to encounter a teenager who knows how to play yahtzee / euchre / cribbage / etc. (I'm a Hold 'Em man, myself.)

You need a sucker for snipe hunting. And it is best if they have a sense of humor. I can't see teenagers getting excited about a scavenger hunt- tweens or younger, maybe, but not teenagers.

Any of those card games that have been all the rage for the past couple of decades would work, too. Being an old coot, I've never played 'Magic:The Gathering', but I've played 'San Juan' and 'Munchkin', and I think they're fun. Both are rather complex, though, with a steep learning curve.

Also, everyone adult and teenager thinks a hacky-sack is fun for a limited time at least, but you need light. Also not fun in the rain. We take hacky-sacks to kill time on deployments or field exercises. (I'm in the army.)

On that subject, the card games popular in the army are Spades or Hearts. Hearts has the added benefit that you can screw your buddies, again. Always fun. Hearts is also easier to learn to play well than Spades.

Likewise a frisbee, or one of the packable/foldable versions thereof. Just tossing a frisbee back and forth gets old quick, but frisbee golf is entertaining for a while. But best with >1 frisbee. Also not good in the rain.

Edited by acrosome on 07/29/2009 03:36:16 MDT.

Ed Collyer
(ecollyer) - F

Locale: East Bay Area
Camp Games on 07/29/2009 12:08:55 MDT Print View

Finger Fencing, that game is fun and it warms you up when feeling chilled. You have two people facing each other. To start, do a handshake and loosly grip around the thumb, then stick you index finger out. Now try to "poke", "stab", the other person. The first person to get touched looses. Also you cannot just let go when you are about to be touched. There are some cool moves that you can do. The Spin Move works for me!

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Camp Games on 07/29/2009 12:49:29 MDT Print View

Go into almost any store selling tourist junk, and you'll find a 35mm sized can with 6 mini-dice and the directions for a game called "Farkle" inside. Really fun game!