Forum Index » General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT speed record attempt

Display Avatars Sort By:
Aaron Sorensen
(awsorensen) - MLife

Locale: South of Forester Pass
Re: JMT speed record attempt on 07/16/2010 17:12:19 MDT Print View

hey Art,
Already tried putting this in a different post.
Thing is if no one looks at for an hour it is never seen again.
Needless to say, 2 others replied to it and it has been lost ever sense.

JD
I'll have help and sleeping gear at each stop for the first 2 days and a bag with me from Reds Meadow to Tuolumne.

It's hard to grasp just how fast this pace is. Brett did a dang fast pace with 15-27 pounds on his back. I can do some serious running without the weight so I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Jorge DeLaSierra
(DeLaSierra) - F

Locale: SoCal
JMT speed record attempt on 07/20/2010 11:04:58 MDT Print View

Aaron; that is going to be an awesome challenge! It seems to me that I am reading about two kinds of athletes; a speedhiker and a fastpacker. Hence, I started a forum with that title in mind.

"Fastpacking and Speedhiking; are these different names for the same sport?"

Some good items posted on the forum already. Anyone inerested, look up the forum by the same title and pitch in your opinions, experiences, "two-cents", what have you. I think it will help define our sport (or hobby) and awaken more interest in folks out there.

Cheers!
jd

Brett Maune
(bmaune) - F

Locale: SoCal
JMT speed record attempt on 07/24/2010 11:19:42 MDT Print View

Aaron--just saw your post. Again, good luck with your effort and I hope to be able to meet you or Ian at some point on the trail.

I didn't realize Ian was trying for the unsupported record!

Be safe out there guys.

Reinhold Metzger
(JMTReinhold) - F
How to get in JMT record breaking shape on 08/06/2010 04:45:18 MDT Print View

Hi gang,
I'M BACK...by POPULAR DEMAND...for a LIMITED TIME ONLY.

I can see JMT Fever has broken out again.
It happens every year this time of the year, and the herd (JMT fanatics and record seekers) is getting restless and anxious to break out of the barn and stampede down the JMT again.
I know I caught the JMT Fever back in 1996 and have been stampeeding down the JMT every summer since and this year will not be an exeption.

I thought I share with you JMT Fever sufferers my top secret formula on how to get in JMT record breaking shape.

OK, here is what you do....
Simply sit down on your favorite living room coutch untill you feel a distinct calorie urge.
Then, "AT A BRISK PACE", walk to the "Frig", down one of your favorite beers, walk back, again "AT A BRISK PACE", to the coutch, sit down and wait for the next distinct calorie urge.
Repeat the above as often as necessary until you are in JMT
record breaking shape.

JMT Reinhold
Renowned fitness consultant

Michael Popov
(mpopov) - F

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
BIG mistake on 08/23/2010 03:16:51 MDT Print View

Aaron, I think you have neglected to implement the JMT training tips from Reinhold. Simple and efficient. Instead, you trained on a 40% incline nordic track and ran in a sand for hours. BIG mistake.

Will be happy to toe the starting line with you again sometime.