Forum Index » Chaff » Are there any Swedes on this forum? If so, I need your help.

Display Avatars Sort By:
Dave .
(Ramapo) - F - M
Are there any Swedes on this forum? If so, I need your help. on 07/18/2009 12:53:14 MDT Print View

I'm looking for a piece of gear that is hand made in Sweden and which cannot be ordered via the internet. Specifically, what I'm after is located on the country-side between Gnarp and Bergsjö in Nordantsig County in northern Sweden - 10 kilometers west of the E4, 20 kilometers from the Gulf of Bothnia, between Hudiksvall and Sundsvall, 340 kilometers north of Stockholm.

If there is anyone on this forum who is from Sweden and can help me out with this, I would be very, very appreciative. In return, I can pay you for your troubles or maybe find something unique to New York City that you would like.

Thanks!

Here's hoping this works...

Andrew Richardson
(arichardson6) - F

Locale: North East
Re: Are there any Swedes on this forum? If so, I need your help. on 07/18/2009 14:48:06 MDT Print View

Well, what is it? You can't just leave me hanging like that...

Dave .
(Ramapo) - F - M
Are there any Swedes on this forum? If so, I need your help. on 07/18/2009 15:00:14 MDT Print View

It's top secret, dude. If I post details, everyone will want one & my scheme will be wrecked.

I'll give you some hints though: It's smaller than a bread box. And it's very, very old school.

It's not really UL gear. More along the lines of Bushcraft.

Andrew Richardson
(arichardson6) - F

Re: Are there any Swedes on this forum? If so, I need your help. on 07/18/2009 16:17:39 MDT Print View

Dave, you're killing me. Hand made..can't be bought on the internet. If you say it is produced in small batches only once per year than you've successfully made me believe you've stumbled upon something of the highest quality which, if I were to ever need a similar product, would make me a fool to get any other make.

Spill it Dave..is it a knife?

Edited by arichardson6 on 07/18/2009 16:18:20 MDT.

Dave .
(Ramapo) - F - M
Are there any Swedes on this forum? If so, I need your help. on 07/18/2009 16:54:58 MDT Print View

Sorry, man. If I manage to get my prize, I'll post all about it. Until then, my lips are sealed...

Come on Swedish hikers... Come out, come out wherever you are.

Edited by Ramapo on 07/18/2009 17:00:02 MDT.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
Are there any Swedes on this forum? If so, I need your help. on 07/18/2009 18:52:54 MDT Print View

Me think that is time to axe this thread before it gets out of hand.
Franco

Nate Meinzer
(Rezniem) - F

Locale: San Francisco
Mora Knives on 07/18/2009 18:57:59 MDT Print View

They sell them on the internet I believe...if that's it.

Dave .
(Ramapo) - F - M
Are there any Swedes on this forum? If so, I need your help. on 07/18/2009 19:37:27 MDT Print View

Franco's on the right track.

I've got a Mora already.

Brian UL
(MAYNARD76)

Locale: New England
Re: Are there any Swedes on this forum? If so, I need your help. on 07/18/2009 20:21:39 MDT Print View

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.bensbackwoods.com/servlet/Categories?category=Axes%3AGransfors+Bruks

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Are there any Swedes on this forum? If so, I need your help. on 07/18/2009 20:53:35 MDT Print View

Sorry Dave but you did put too much detail. 3 words, 3 sec on google.
Gnarp and Bergsjö craft....
Franco

Andrew Richardson
(arichardson6) - F

Re: Are there any Swedes on this forum? If so, I need your help. on 07/18/2009 21:02:06 MDT Print View

Well that ruined all the fun.

Dave .
(Ramapo) - F - M
Are there any Swedes on this forum? If so, I need your help. on 07/18/2009 21:27:55 MDT Print View

I don't want an axe. I told you, what I'm after isn't available online.

Franco was on the right track, but...

Jason Brinkman
(jbrinkmanboi) - MLife

Locale: Idaho
Re: Are there any Swedes on this forum? If so, I need your help. on 07/18/2009 23:15:06 MDT Print View

Try the BPL site from the UK. Or the Swedish Bikini Team - wait a minute... you want a Swedish Bikini!?! I bet those ARE ultralight!!!

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Are there any Swedes on this forum? If so, I need your help. on 07/18/2009 23:16:15 MDT Print View

This reminds of a thread that I posted last year where I was asking about applying a relatively new technology (Ion Mask) to tent material. The reason I did not want to name it (and I explained that...) was to see I anyone else had thought of it. My reasoning being that if nobody else had the same idea more than likely there was no merit to it. Some got VERY upset over it, completely missing the point ...
Franco

Hendrik Morkel
(skullmonkey) - MLife

Locale: Finland
Re: Are there any Swedes on this forum? If so, I need your help. on 07/28/2009 13:46:35 MDT Print View

This what you're looking for?

I have a friend who lives in Uppsala, who might be willing to get you what you need. I also know some more Swedes in that region, so you could drop me a PM.