Thanks Ashley, and I welcome comments and ideas as this is all new to me. I want to thank Steve, Scott, and Roger for their help in the initial thread. I'm still pondering whether I should have tried Steve's Hysol method or Scott's Aquaseal, but I can try that if the 9485 fails.
The first inflatable seamed to do pretty well, save the small surface holes I punched in it with a serrated edge. It held air fairly well. I did notice a great deal of adhesive seapage which worries me, as I just assumed the adhesive tape would stay in it's place and not screw up my chambers.
I just made the second prototype and it proved to be a little more challenging. I think I was rushing because my tape lines on this one are just horrible. I'm going to let the adhesive cure over night in the hopes that I wont suffer from the adhesive problem again. I also added a straw valve to this one that I SHOULD be able to just tape off after I inflate it. Nothing fancy yet on the valve.
The biggest problem I face right now with the taping is trying to get everything placed just so when I'm ready to put the two pieces together. I'm going to have to be more patient with the tape, and perhaps just start the removal of the backing in one corner and only remove it as I place the sheet in the proper place.
This one ain't going to look as pretty, but it will hopefully be a step in the right direction.