November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Favorite Fabric/Component Suppliers
Display Avatars Sort By:
Prashant Menon
(sphynx) - F
Favorite Fabric/Component Suppliers on 07/14/2009 19:43:58 MDT Print View

To all MYOGers: what are some of your favorite suppliers?

I know of - any other good ones?

Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Locale: .
Re: Favorite Fabric/Component Suppliers on 07/14/2009 19:46:45 MDT Print View

Edited by simplespirit on 07/14/2009 19:47:16 MDT.

Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Re: Favorite Fabric/Component Suppliers on 07/14/2009 22:16:37 MDT Print View

A forum search on this subject will bring up a complete list of most of the suppliers in the states and the world.

Steven Evans
(Steve_Evans) - MLife

Locale: Canada
Re: Re: Re: Favorite Fabric/Component Suppliers on 07/15/2009 00:23:35 MDT Print View

There is actually a thread on this exact subject...I remember it was started so that people could search for it and find all the suppliers that the DIY gurus were using.

Prashant Menon
(sphynx) - F
O on 07/15/2009 06:22:08 MDT Print View

Oh, I'll look for it, that's the same reason I started this one, thanks.

Brad Groves
(4quietwoods) - MLife

Locale: Michigan
Re: Favorite Fabric/Component Suppliers on 07/16/2009 09:17:03 MDT Print View

I've never been disappointed with anything from thru-hiker. Actually, I've always been pleased with the quality of materials, and with customer service. I can't always say the same of some other suppliers, though they deliver.

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota
Re: Re: Favorite Fabric/Component Suppliers on 07/16/2009 10:48:20 MDT Print View

i'll second Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics (OWF)

I always use them when they have what i need. I love that you can order 20yds of one type of fabric (ripstop) and get wholesale pricing on your entire order. I love it!! Thru-hiker has great stuff but not at the OWF price.

Sam Farrington
(scfhome) - M

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA
fabric suppliers on 07/16/2009 21:04:11 MDT Print View

Here is my list. If you should contact them before attempting to order by email or telephone, there is a note (contact). The ones I have used are followed by an asterisk* (contact) (textile outfitters)** (contact) (contact)* (contact)***** (contact)*

For some reason, the kite suppliers I have used are not on the list. They are: Goodwinds kites, and kite builders. Suggest you request samples first, as the fabrics have varying degrees of water resistance.

Hope this is helpful.
Sam Farrington, Chocorua NH