My bp'ng partner and have gone on several backpacking trips where our goal was to have a lighter load each time (and of course to make it to our exit point in time).
However, this time, we wanted to try a different approach in our backpacking goal.
We'd like to try to hike maybe 6-7 (average) miles in, set up camp by a lake or river then just hang around there for the day.
We're looking for a trail with the following factors:
1. 6-7 miles in
2. Ends at a lake for fishing (beginner fisherman/woman)
3. Great day hikes in the area
4. North California. We live in SF Bay Area.
5. Weekend trip (not a long weekend)
6. Most importantly, we do NOT want to stay in a campsite. We'd still keep the 100 ft distance from the water from our tent.
Any suggestions? I wouldn't think that backpacking and fishing combined is a rare subject, but I haven't been able to find trails that specifically had fishing as an objective (keep in mind we're beginners at fishing).
Thank you for any help.