Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
MLD SuperLight Gaitor
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jason Elsworth
(jephoto) - M

Locale: New Zealand
MLD SuperLight Gaitor on 07/10/2009 23:15:10 MDT Print View

Is anyone using the MLD SuperLight Gaitor and if so what do you think? How do they compare to the Integral Designs shorties?

Paul Lippi
(Ozniot) - F
MLD vs ID gaitor on 07/11/2009 19:27:50 MDT Print View

I have both and like the ID better. The MLD weighs less and I do prefer black over orange, but the ID is more foot-shaped, covers more shoe, and costs less. Neither design really keeps rain and snow off the top of your shoe.

Matt Lutz
(citystuckhiker) - F

Locale: Midwest
Re: MLD vs ID gaitor on 07/11/2009 19:43:52 MDT Print View

I have the ID gaiter and love the instep patch. The instep string dies easily, however.

Roleigh Martin
(marti124) - MLife

Locale: Moderator-JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group
Re: MLD vs ID gaitor on 07/11/2009 20:08:13 MDT Print View

I have the ID Gaitor and love it too but am going to convert it to using Velcro like the dirtygirlgaitor arrangement hopefully. The Keen Mid Height Targhee II boots I have wear through gaitor straps fast.

Jason Elsworth
(jephoto) - M

Locale: New Zealand
Thanks on 07/11/2009 21:13:07 MDT Print View

Thanks -looks like the ID ones are the way to go. I currently have some Inov-8 debri gaiters that are great, but am looking for something else for very wet/muddy conditions (e.g. New Zealand's Stewart Island:).

John Frederick Anderson
(fredfoto) - F

Locale: Spain
mld gaitor on 07/12/2009 02:35:53 MDT Print View

I have the Inov8 and the long MLD gaitors- both work really well for their different conditions.
Since the strings broke- I use fuse wire to hold them in place. Lasts a long time and weighs nothing.

Christopher Graf
(cgraf) - M

Locale: So Cal
Re: MLD vs ID gaitor on 07/12/2009 02:46:37 MDT Print View

I've used the ID Shortie Gaiters over the last couple of years in the PNW and love them. Unlike other gaiters I tried previously, they breathe extremely well and my ankles get little if any condensation. The instep patch increases durability IMO, and as others have noted the cord wears quickly - but it's an easy fix.

Matthew Steingass
(Steingass) - F

Locale: Washington
Mounbell super stretch gaitor on 07/12/2009 12:22:51 MDT Print View

I bought this gaitor in a large and sewed velcro to the heel portion so I could attach them to my inov8s like the dirty girl gaitors. I didn't cut off the grommets for the under shoe straps, since I plan on using them in winter too, because they probably won't stretch down to the heel of the mid height goretex inov8s I want to snowshoe with. Here's the LINK.

Edited by Steingass on 07/14/2009 02:45:57 MDT.