Forum Index » GEAR » MLD SuperLight Gaitor

Display Avatars Sort By:
Jason Elsworth
(jephoto) - M

Locale: New Zealand
MLD SuperLight Gaitor on 07/10/2009 23:15:10 MDT Print View

Hi,

Is anyone using the MLD SuperLight Gaitor and if so what do you think? How do they compare to the Integral Designs shorties?

Thanks,

Jason

Paul Lippi
(Ozniot) - F
MLD vs ID gaitor on 07/11/2009 19:27:50 MDT Print View

I have both and like the ID better. The MLD weighs less and I do prefer black over orange, but the ID is more foot-shaped, covers more shoe, and costs less. Neither design really keeps rain and snow off the top of your shoe.

Matt Lutz
(citystuckhiker) - F

Locale: Midwest
Re: MLD vs ID gaitor on 07/11/2009 19:43:52 MDT Print View

I have the ID gaiter and love the instep patch. The instep string dies easily, however.

Roleigh Martin
(marti124) - MLife

Locale: Moderator-JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group
Re: MLD vs ID gaitor on 07/11/2009 20:08:13 MDT Print View

I have the ID Gaitor and love it too but am going to convert it to using Velcro like the dirtygirlgaitor arrangement hopefully. The Keen Mid Height Targhee II boots I have wear through gaitor straps fast.

Jason Elsworth
(jephoto) - M

Locale: New Zealand
Thanks on 07/11/2009 21:13:07 MDT Print View

Thanks -looks like the ID ones are the way to go. I currently have some Inov-8 debri gaiters that are great, but am looking for something else for very wet/muddy conditions (e.g. New Zealand's Stewart Island:).

John Frederick Anderson
(fredfoto) - F

Locale: Spain
mld gaitor on 07/12/2009 02:35:53 MDT Print View

Hi,
I have the Inov8 and the long MLD gaitors- both work really well for their different conditions.
Since the strings broke- I use fuse wire to hold them in place. Lasts a long time and weighs nothing.
cheers,
fred

Christopher Graf
(cgraf) - M

Locale: So Cal
Re: MLD vs ID gaitor on 07/12/2009 02:46:37 MDT Print View

I've used the ID Shortie Gaiters over the last couple of years in the PNW and love them. Unlike other gaiters I tried previously, they breathe extremely well and my ankles get little if any condensation. The instep patch increases durability IMO, and as others have noted the cord wears quickly - but it's an easy fix.

Matthew Steingass
(Steingass) - F

Locale: Washington
Mounbell super stretch gaitor on 07/12/2009 12:22:51 MDT Print View

I bought this gaitor in a large and sewed velcro to the heel portion so I could attach them to my inov8s like the dirty girl gaitors. I didn't cut off the grommets for the under shoe straps, since I plan on using them in winter too, because they probably won't stretch down to the heel of the mid height goretex inov8s I want to snowshoe with. Here's the LINK.

Edited by Steingass on 07/14/2009 02:45:57 MDT.