November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Cheap 3 LED Headlamps
Display Avatars Sort By:
Acronym Esq
( - F

Locale: TX
Cheap 3 LED Headlamps on 06/30/2009 01:33:13 MDT Print View

I was in HomeDepot today and found a blister pack with 2x 3 LED Headlamps branded Brinkmann for $10. The headlamps are a knock off or OEM of this:
The headlamp isn't weather resistant, and the hinge is a little flimsy. It throws off reasonable white or red light, and the switch allows going directly to white or red w/o cycling through the white. My scale says 69g with the provided 3x AAA batteries and 44g empty.

My brother's energizer branded version ($13 ea @ Walmart) is working on 12 nights an hour or two each night on one set of lithiums w/o a noticeable drop in performance.

acronym 6/30/2009 2:15 AM

Acronym Esq
( - F

Locale: TX
Re: Cheap 3 LED Headlamps on 07/02/2009 12:35:30 MDT Print View

I compared my Brinkmann with my brother's Energizer last night. I'm pretty sure the Brinkmann is a knock off. The red/white switches are reversed, the Brinkmann is about 5 g heavier, and the Brinkmann didn't put out as much light as the Energizer.

Still, $5 for a red/white sub 75g headlamp isn't bad.

Thx for double posting, acronym.

YW, acronym.

acronym 7/2/2009 1:34 PM