Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
We Don't Sew... We Make Gear...
Display Avatars Sort By:
Gary Boyd
(debiant) - F

Locale: Mid-west
We Don't Sew... We Make Gear... on 06/29/2009 20:39:40 MDT Print View

I found this on you tube, and I liked the title. This series was made for a website called hammockforums.net, but it's actually very educational, or was for me as I just got a hold of a sewing machine. This is definitely for us beginners, but anyone just starting out making gear (newbies) might learn something from this series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gJDJZkYrl4&feature=related

Cesar Garcia
(crgowo) - F

Locale: Desert SW
they are informational on 07/05/2009 16:29:46 MDT Print View

Im on part 9. They do seem informational but the picture quality makes it hard to see the thread in the seams he shows the camera. I borrowed my mothers sewing machine to try and sew a hammock to see how I liked it before spending 100$ on one plus more for a tarp.

Gary Boyd
(debiant) - F

I agree... on 07/05/2009 20:48:50 MDT Print View

The picture quality could have been a lot better, but I did enjoy the information, as I'm very much a novice with a sewing machine. My first attempt to thread the bobbin took about an hour and involved long strings of foul language.

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: I agree... on 07/05/2009 23:53:43 MDT Print View

> My first attempt to thread the bobbin took about an hour and involved long strings of foul language.

I am curious - how did you manage to get the long strings onto the bobbin?

cheers

Gary Boyd
(debiant) - F

That was the problem... on 07/06/2009 07:20:53 MDT Print View

That was the entirety of the problem there Roger, turns out you're supposed to use thread... who knew?