Forum Index » GEAR » Big Sky Revolution 2P or 3P?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Tim Testa
(MichaelRedbeard) - F
Ashley on 09/25/2009 05:28:40 MDT Print View

No man...it was a joke lol I know you haven't been waiting 2 1/2 years, it just seems like you've had to wait forever to get it.

Ashley Brown
(ashleyb) - F
Re: Ashley on 09/25/2009 07:09:03 MDT Print View

Ha, tell that some other folks who ordered this tent a few years back! At the time Big Sky was having serious problems with getting their tents manufactured and some people on this forum waited over a year before they got theirs. These days things are much better, and if you order things which are actually in stock then there's no need to wait at all.

Edited by ashleyb on 09/25/2009 07:10:45 MDT.

Don Selesky
(backslacker) - M
Re: Re: Ashley on 09/25/2009 17:04:19 MDT Print View

"and some people on this forum waited over a year before they got theirs"

... more like 2 years 3 months. :-(

Cameron Semple
(camS) - F

Locale: Brisbane, Australia
Current availability on 08/22/2010 21:25:57 MDT Print View

This is the most recent thread I could find relating to Big Sky's availability issues. Does anyone have any recent experiences from this year? Are what people are saying about if it is showing in stock it will be fairly quick still holding true? Looking at 2 person dual wall tent options.

Alice Klassen
(aliceklassen) - F

Locale: Central California
Big Sky Rev 2P on 08/22/2010 22:23:34 MDT Print View

I ordered a Rev 3P in January 2009 and it came quickly. I didn't like it any better than my Scarp 2 (we don't mind the fiddly setup and like the interior head space). The stand-alone feature of the Rev is great but the 3P seemed to be basically a 2P outer with a wider 3P inner that filled up the area that would be annex (I can't remember the word right now). I didn't like how it wanted to lift off the ground--though I imagine with stuff in it it would have been fine. I think I would prefer a 2P and just store stuff in the annex. Anyway, I made arrangements and returned the tent quickly asking for a refund. Three months passed without it showing on my credit statement. I finally emailed them and they quickly responded that they thought they had refunded me at the time I returned it but they would check. A few days later they emailed that they had mistakenly failed to give my refund and would do so within a couple days. IT DID SHOW ON MY NEXT STATEMENT. I was a little worried during the wait.

Cameron Semple
(camS) - F

Locale: Brisbane, Australia
Re: Big Sky Rev 2P on 08/23/2010 00:52:05 MDT Print View

Interesting. The Scarp 2 is high on my list aswell but the lower weight of the Big Sky options is appealing.

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Locale: SoCal
Re: Current availability on 08/23/2010 01:04:22 MDT Print View

If you're really worried about availability, you may want to order from a Big Sky vendor instead of directly from Big Sky. It may work out both ways, but a vendor should have the products on their shelf before they sell it to you, whereas Big Sky may build it for you once you order. I'd guess that you'd expect a big delay directly from Big Sky if you ordered their brand new breathable cuben fiber Mirage 2 with carbon fiber poles.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
Big Sky Revolution 2P or 3P? on 08/23/2010 02:43:25 MDT Print View

breathable cuben
Really ?

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Re: Big Sky Revolution 2P or 3P? on 08/23/2010 03:30:02 MDT Print View

He showed a breathable cuben fiber Mirage 2 with carbon poles at the OR show. It's in one of the BPL articles that covered the show. I guess MLD has been talking about it for a while too. I knew it was coming from another good source, but I didn't think it'd be publicly available until sometime next year at the earliest.

You have to talk Henry into using that stuff asap.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
Big Sky Revolution 2P or 3P? on 08/23/2010 18:18:50 MDT Print View

Eugene
The impression I got from a guy that saw that BS shelter in Europe was that it was made with standard Cuben not a "breathable" type.
Maybe it was meant to be "this is what it would look like if it were available"
Franco

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Locale: Cascadia
Cuben on 08/23/2010 18:21:17 MDT Print View

Franco, did you see the BPL OR show coverage? The new Big Sky tent has regular cuben (green in color) in a lot of areas and then breathable cuben (grey in color) in the areas where the tent is a single wall.

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Re: Big Sky Revolution 2P or 3P? on 08/23/2010 18:32:41 MDT Print View

It's possible that it was a "fake" tent for the show, but Cubictech has been working on breathable cuben and both Cubictech and Big Sky are in the same city. They also shared a site at the PCT kickoff where they had 3 cuben shelters. I believe it was a Mirage 1P, Revolution 1P and a Wisp. They said breathable cuben was extremely desirable because it would allow them to seal up tents in sandstorms and not suffocate. It doesn't surprise me at all to see that Big Sky is the first to show a product with this fabric considering the affiliation and need. Then there's the Let-it-por fabric listed as an option on the Big Sky web store. It has to be cuben since they list Super-sil as a lighter version of silnylon and Let-it-por as an even lighter option. Also, Hrxxlight.com confirms that Let-it-por and breathable cuben are the same.

Jason Hung
(moma-moma) - F - M

Locale: store.picharpak.com
Rev 2P on 11/30/2010 01:54:06 MST Print View

Hi all,

The Rev2p i order the shipping is quit quick around 1month. Last Sat was the first time using this tent, yes it is compact and light weight.

Like to know what is the ideal wind speed does this tent can stand? as it just broken already! The Tent was set up under 18knots wind for 20hrs, one of the connection loop break.

the tent
Rev2P tent.

Where it breaks!
Rev2p break a
Rev2p break b
Rev2p break c

Ground sheet also got damaged...
Rev2p break d

i also attach a video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1AdtT9ULfw