Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Scout Camp Preparation - A screen play.
Display Avatars Sort By:
Brian Barnes
(brianjbarnes) - M

Locale: Midwest
Scout Camp Preparation - A screen play. on 06/28/2009 09:08:09 MDT Print View

INT. BARNES RESIDENCE - GEAR ROOM - DAY

BRIAN, the father, is standing in an unfinished room off the basement which is full of “outdoor” gear. His wife, begrudgingly, says it resembles a small specialty backpacking shop. Standing by are DEREK, the boy scout, his SISTERS, and the family DOGS, MAX AND ZOE.

BRIAN is looking into an oversized black Boy Scout camp box wondering how much of the gear in the adjacent pile really needs to be put in the box and how the hell is his son going to drag this to his campsite? The SISTERS are trashing the basement by dumping out various tubs of toys in search for that single red Polly Pocket shoe and the DOGS are barking at imaginary squirrels. DEREK enters the gear room.

DEREK
Dad, I found all the stuff on this list. It’s in that pile.
(Shrugging his shoulders)
Lot of stuff isn’t it?

BRIAN
So, this is everything on the list?

DEREK
Not everything. I couldn’t find a 20’x20’ safari tent with built in wood stove and reclining leather chairs.

BRIAN
Oh well, we don’t have one of those and we’ve purchased enough stuff you’ll only use for camp once a year.

DEREK
Do you think I’ll really need all this stuff? I mean, when we go backpacking for a week we have everything in a small backpack.

BRIAN
Well, it’s on the list so it must be important.
(Sarcastically)
We better look one last time for that safari tent.

SISTERS
(Jumping up and down on a large pile of toys)
We found the shoe!

DOGS
(Continue barking)