Forum Index » Chaff » Spreadsheet

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Spreadsheet on 06/27/2009 09:28:11 MDT Print View

Does anyone out there use a mac specific gear spreadsheet, that they would like to share?

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Spreadsheet on 06/30/2009 13:13:54 MDT Print View

Use google documents and you don't need mac specific? You can still open excel spreadsheets with open source mac applications.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rnHe2QtdFDL3LowUkGIXo3Q

Edit this as needed. Add weights only in grams column. Keep categories named as they are, otherwise the formulas will need to be changed.

Edited by jshann on 06/30/2009 13:20:21 MDT.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Spreadsheet on 06/30/2009 14:42:28 MDT Print View

Thanks John! This will get me going. It will be weird not writing it down. I have pages of weights to list.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Spreadsheet on 06/30/2009 15:03:05 MDT Print View

That document is currently editable by anyone so someone could mess up your list (if that is how it works). Maybe you can copy the page and put it into your own google document list. There is a little more to how the page works.

1. The category cell is what adds the item to the weight summary above. Delete the text in the category cell to take the weight out of the weight summary, and vice versa.
2. To add an item, the ounce formula needs to be added to the ounce cell (hopefully you have used excel before to know what I mean). I should have left those ounce formulas in, but don't have time to do that.
3. You can hide or show rows so that your items not taken do not show up in your list.