November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Montrail and Salamon Shoes at Marshalls
Display Avatars Sort By:
David Wills
(willspower3) - F
Montrail and Salamon Shoes at Marshalls on 06/17/2009 15:36:37 MDT Print View

I was taking a break from my thu-hike by fishing in Canada w/ my uncle when we ran into a Marshalls (Minnesota) to use the bathroom. I found several models of Montrail Shoes for $25-30 including 2007 Hardrocks, Nitrus, rock climbing approach shoes, and a running shoe. Salamon Goretex Trail Runners were $50, Tech Amphibians $40 (original style with the great dirt tread). There was also plenty of other good light hiking shoes for super cheap. I had to go to a second store to find my size in Montrails. I dont know if that is a localized selection or national, but it would be worth taking a look

Gary Boyd
(debiant) - F

Locale: Mid-west
Hardrocks on 06/18/2009 04:47:17 MDT Print View

Last year I got a pair of Montrail Hardrock 08s for 30 bux at the local gear shop because they were clearing out for the 09s. That's the only time I buy shoes, I'll definitely have to check this out, thanks.

Stephen Barber
(grampa) - MLife

Locale: SoCal
Thanks for the Heads Up! on 06/20/2009 12:58:43 MDT Print View

I found a pair of Salomon XC Comps for $50 here in SoCal!

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
Montrail and Salamon Shoes at Marshalls on 06/20/2009 14:32:15 MDT Print View

Thought I'd add that I found some Montrails for $25 and Salomon Comp 3's as well, along with some sweet deals on some North Face socks. I think it's definitely national. I also perused the aisles and found some North Face garments, Helly Hansen baselayers and a couple Columbia articles of clothing as well. I haven't been in that store in years, I might have to stop by more often.

Tom Caldwell
(Coldspring) - F

Locale: Ozarks
Montrail and Salamon Shoes at Marshalls on 06/20/2009 15:11:20 MDT Print View

If someone is feeling really helpful and can pick up a pair of 11 1/2 Hardrocks or Hurricane Ridges for $25, get in touch with me.

frank martin
(sriprank) - F

Locale: NORCAL
"Montrail and Salamon Shoes at Marshalls" on 06/20/2009 19:14:10 MDT Print View

I picked up two woman's size 9 Hardrocks for my wife. They are a tad small.

Cost me $29.95 each + CA Tax.

I am going to retun them but if anyone wants them I can ship them out.

te - wa
(mikeinfhaz) - F

Locale: Phoenix
Re: "Montrail and Salamon Shoes at Marshalls" on 06/20/2009 20:10:13 MDT Print View

Yep, we got 'em in Phoenix too. just snagged a pair of the XA comp 3's for $50

sheila o
(bumpass) - F

Locale: The Far Left Coast? : /
Montrail Hardrocks vs Salamon XA comp on 06/21/2009 20:12:52 MDT Print View

Which would hold up better backpacking with 35lb bag (food, water and canister) in the Sierras???
Or mid shoe/boot would you suggest?

Edited by bumpass on 06/22/2009 10:39:39 MDT.

Robert Stanek

Locale: Southeast, Atlanta, GA
Selection varies by store, but super deals on 06/29/2009 12:42:29 MDT Print View

I picked up a pair of Montrail Continental Divides in Men's 11 for $24.95, and a pair of Hardrocks for my darling wife for $29.95.

Went to 3 Marshall's sort of near me in Atlanta, and the selection varied greatly. You might call ahead. Marshall's cannot track inventory by store.

Saw the Salomon XA Comps for $49.95, Tech Amphibs for $39.95, and some other Montrails including Hurricane Ridge GTX, CTC, and Streaks, all under $40.

Richard Perlman
(montclair) - MLife

Locale: Metro NY
Montrail Vitesse? on 07/09/2009 09:48:56 MDT Print View

Did anyone see any Montrail Vitesse size 12?