Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » My 1.8 oz mesh waist pack...

Display Avatars Sort By:
Gary Boyd
(debiant) - F

Locale: Mid-west
My 1.8 oz mesh waist pack... on 06/12/2009 00:45:51 MDT Print View

So, I don't really want to carry my water on my back or in a side pocket because it's not easy accessible to me... here's my really basic and not at all refined solution.

I took a mesh harness bag for my son's Black Diamond Whiz Kid, which weighs 1.2 oz, and two toy biners at .3 oz each. I just clip them where ever on my hip belt. I have room in it to keep my 2+ l platy and a trail guide and I still have room for more junk... It is still over an ounce lighter than a bladder. Here are a few pictures. Like I said very basic, but serves my purpose.

Front ViewI only have to detach one biner to drink, and I don't have to remove the platy.

I only have to detach one biner to drink from the platy without removing it from the mesh bag.

Edited by debiant on 06/12/2009 00:46:44 MDT.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: My 1.8 oz mesh waist pack... on 06/12/2009 09:43:14 MDT Print View

I don't see how you can detach only one biner and lift the water container high enough to drink from...without removing it from the mesh bag.

Gary Boyd
(debiant) - F

Locale: Mid-west
I should say... on 06/12/2009 11:54:51 MDT Print View

that I can drink from a platy that has enough water to push out, once it gets down to the dregs I will probably have to remove the bladder or unclip both biners.