Forum Index » Editor's Roundtable » Walking on Fire: A Light-Hiker's Guide to Wildfire Awareness, Survival, and Evasion (Part 2 of 3)

Display Avatars Sort By:
Addie Bedford
(addiebedford) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Walking on Fire: A Light-Hiker's Guide to Wildfire Awareness, Survival, and Evasion (Part 2 of 3) on 05/26/2009 17:02:00 MDT Print View

Companion forum thread to:

Walking on Fire: A Light-Hiker's Guide to Wildfire Awareness, Survival, and Evasion (Part 2 of 3)

Kathleen Whalen-Burns
(rosierabbit) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Walking on Fire: A Light-Hiker's Guide to Wildfire Awareness, Survival, and Evasion (Part 2 of 3) on 05/28/2009 15:11:28 MDT Print View

Andrew - I'm learning a lot from your articles and appreciate your sharing your knowledge and your hard work in preparing them.

Andrew Mattox
(Pawprint) - F
Intent of Article on 05/28/2009 15:28:21 MDT Print View

Thanks Kathleen. Something I'd stress, too, is that while I feel fortunate to have gotten the fire time I got, my knowledge is really inconsiderable compared to how much there is to know about fire... so what I really want to do throughout the article is give some cognitive tools and models to observe & think critically about wildfire.

Hopefully, section III will put it all in a framework, for how to integrate that awareness into our personal interactions with flame.