Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
JMT - North --> South (8/30 - 9/3)
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jesse Gibbs
(jessewg) - F

Locale: Northern California
JMT - North --> South (8/30 - 9/3) on 05/25/2009 22:47:04 MDT Print View

I'm planning to do the JMT later this summer, going N-->S, and starting in Yosemite on 8/30, and completing the hike in 5 days, averaging around 45 mi/day.

My pace is 3 - 3.5 mi/hr. I'm planning for one resupply, probably at Vermillion Valley Resort at the start of the 3rd day (or end of the 2nd if time allows).

The schedule is ambitious, but my timeframe is compressed due to travel logistics. I'm based in SF and planning to take AMTRAK and YARTS to Yosemite on Saturday 8/29, stay in the backpacker's campground and start early on Sunday 8/30.

After reaching Lone Pine late on 9/3, I'll take the Easter Sierra transit bus up to Reno on Friday 9/4, and from there either fly back to SFO or OAK, or spend the labor day weekend relaxing in Tahoe.

I'd love to have some company if anyone wants to join. Due to the logistics the pace needs to be fast, but there are plenty of BPLers who are far more fit than me, so let me know! Shoot me an email at jessewg(at)gmail(dot)com if you might want to join me!