Victorinox Stayglow knives
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Victorinox Stayglow knives on 05/15/2009 01:09:06 MDT Print View

Three Victorinox knives with Stayglow glow-in-the-dark handles. They are in mint condition and ready to use.

The Trekker and Fieldmaster models were never issued with the Stayglow scales. I purchased them and installed them to make one of a kind knives.

**SOLD** Trekker one-hand opener with serrated blade and custom Stayglow scales. In mint condition, no box.

**SOLD** Fieldmaster with custom Stayglow scales. Also in mint condition, no box.

**SOLD** Classic Stayglow, new with box.

Edited by dwambaugh on 05/17/2009 23:59:59 MDT.

Allison Sayre
(TeamAlli) - F

Locale: PNW
re: classic on 05/15/2009 07:06:32 MDT Print View

I'll take the classic. Let me know when to paypal.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Victorinox Trekker and Fieldmaster /w Stayglow Handles on 05/17/2009 12:06:16 MDT Print View

The deal on the Trekker unwound and I have lowered the prices on both the Trekker and Fieldmaster.

**ALL SOLD** Thanks!

Edited by dwambaugh on 05/17/2009 23:59:08 MDT.

Chris Benson
(roguenode) - F

Locale: Boulder
I'll take the trekker... on 05/17/2009 14:54:48 MDT Print View

if available.

Karl Gottshalk
(kgottshalk)

Locale: Maine USA
Victorinox Stayglow knives on 05/19/2009 18:53:19 MDT Print View

Classic arrived a few days ago, looks perfect.

Thanks,
Karl

Bob Bankhead
(wandering_bob) - MLife

Locale: Oregon, USA
Victorinox Stayglow knives on 05/19/2009 20:00:22 MDT Print View

So why doesn't the Classic Stayglow knife appear on the Victorinox website?

Edited by wandering_bob on 05/19/2009 20:00:59 MDT.

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Victorinox Stayglow knives on 05/19/2009 20:07:48 MDT Print View

nm

Edited by greg23 on 05/19/2009 20:09:20 MDT.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Re: Victorinox Stayglow knives on 05/19/2009 21:07:38 MDT Print View

Bob wrote, "So why doesn't the Classic Stayglow knife appear on the Victorinox website?"

It changes from time to time. They make items in batches and with all the options, they can whip up a different model on the fly. I wish they could do custom orders. I've been told that the Climber is the only 91mm Stayglow model imported to the US and they market different models in different regions of the world. I haven't verified that.

There is a fellow who goes by Swiss Bianco who is doing all sorts of customizing and "splash" anodizing of the Alox models. He also has new scales (handles)for sale from time to time. He's the one I got the larger Stayglow scales from.

The Classic is listed on the web site, but the drop-down box doesn't work right--- I tried it in three different browsers.

I like bright colors on any of the knives I use outdoors, so you can find it if you drop it, etc. A camouflage knife doesn't make a lot of sense in a survival situation.

A couple of my favorites:

Benchmade Griptilian with orange scales:

Benchmade Griptilian with orange scales

The Griptilian is very left-handed friendly and has a premium steel blade (154CM) with a good locking mechanism.

Spyderco Ladybug in orange:

Spyderco Ladybug

The Ladybug is a perfect lock-blade knife for a necklace or lanyard and very light.

Edited by dwambaugh on 05/19/2009 21:09:38 MDT.

Chris Chastain
(Thangfish) - F

Locale: S. Central NC, USA
Victorinox Stayglow knives on 05/20/2009 15:00:07 MDT Print View

Dale,
Mine showed up today.
Thanks for the quick turn-around.
Knife looks great!

Love those Griptilian's too.

I have a very small Zippo lock-back in bright orange
that I use someitimes on a hike. It amazes me how much
a blaze orange handle can blend in with the leaves on the forest floor in the fall. I think Stayglow won't have that issue!

Thanks again

name name
(trailmonkey) - F
Re: Victorinox Stayglow knives on 08/09/2011 21:55:22 MDT Print View

hello.
sorry for the question about such an old post but where did you get the glow handles for the one-hand trekker? i am looking to do the same mod and i also want to add a victorinox clip to one side.
thanks much.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Re: Re: Victorinox Stayglow knives on 08/09/2011 22:17:52 MDT Print View

Trailmonkey asked, "hello.
sorry for the question about such an old post but where did you get the glow handles for the one-hand trekker? i am looking to do the same mod and i also want to add a victorinox clip to one side.
thanks much."

I got the large scales from Swiss Bianco some time ago. He has odd lots now and then. I would email and see what he has.

From what I recollect the side clip goes with scales made for it, so that may limit your choices. Many Swiss Army Knife aficionados add pocket clips with screws into the scales.

There is a whole cult following on Swiss Army knife lore and collecting. The Secret Order of the Swiss Army Knife should keep you busy for a while: http://www.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Re: Victorinox Stayglow knives on 08/10/2011 00:23:19 MDT Print View

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=stayglow+swiss+army+&_dmpt=Collectible_Knives&_fscr=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m19

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Victorinox Stayglow knives on 08/10/2011 09:12:24 MDT Print View

Yes, Anna, you will see a few on eBay. Victorinox only imports a couple models into the US with Stayglow scales. You will see more that have been brought in gray market and others made by swapping scales to make them more valuable.

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: Re: Victorinox Stayglow knives on 08/10/2011 10:43:03 MDT Print View

Dale, I really love my glow classic,it really is bright.One night I thought I had accidentally turned my headlamp on inside my pack and it turned out to be my knife glowing.