Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Bushbuddy Ultra Wood Stove
Display Avatars Sort By:
Darrell Trump
(dtrumpster1) - F

Locale: Connecticut
Bushbuddy Ultra Wood Stove on 05/04/2009 14:11:57 MDT Print View

Here is your chance to pick up a real cool stove at a discounted price. This stove has been used twice, is in perfect condition, I even have the wood box it came in. Looking for best offer, includes shipping. The BPL link is below. You can send any questions you might have to dstrump@gmail.com

Bushbuddy Ultra Wood Stove
Originally custom-built for Ryan Jordan and the Arctic 1000 expedition, the Bushbuddy Ultra is an environmentally-sensitive (non-scarring), high performance woodfire cook stove.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/bushbuddy_ultra_wood_stove.html

Edited by dtrumpster1 on 05/05/2009 07:14:26 MDT.

Dan Cunningham
(mn-backpacker)

Locale: Land of 12,000 Loons
Re: Bushbuddy Ultra Wood Stove on 05/04/2009 19:34:58 MDT Print View

Hi Darrell - normally I'd PM you instead, but your account isn't set up for PM's. I don't mean to be the price police, but you should look at bushbuddy.ca and do the exchange rate from Canadian to US. Brand new they are $10 cheaper including the $7 shipping. The exchange rate fluctuates, and it's been in our favor for a while now. I think that may be why BPL hasn't stocked them since last year.

Derek Nestell
(dnestell) - F
BB Ultra on 05/05/2009 07:12:31 MDT Print View

Darrell,
I am looking for BB ultra. However, I am only looking to spend around 75.00 w/shipping. They are currently going for about 98.00 w/shipping new. I know this is considerably less than your asking price but I just thought I would throw it out there if you are interested.

Cheers
Derek

. .
(biointegra) - MLife

Locale: Puget Sound
Re: Bushbuddy Ultra Wood Stove on 05/05/2009 09:16:21 MDT Print View

Darrell: I'd take Derek up on his offer. $75 is totally reasonable and it doesn't cost much to ship since it is only 5 oz. I paid $92 (shipped new) for mine a few weeks ago when the exchange rate was just a bit better. I think Dan (aka "Minnesota Nice" paid about the same ;)

Can you feel the community love?

Sincerely,

Special Agent B.-Buddy
Deputy
BPL Price Police

Tony Fleming
(TonyFleming) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
Bush Buddy Ultra price comparision unfair! on 05/05/2009 09:36:30 MDT Print View

Dan and Aaron,

I just have to point out that you are not comparing the same product, and thus not being very fair to Darrell and Derek :) As I understand it the new Bush Buddy Ultra stoves that Fritz is turning out now weigh in about .4 oz less at 4.7 to 4.75 oz each. Thus, you cannot make a price comparison between these two stoves :)

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/19676/index.html?skip_to_post=161559#161559

PS thanks for the pics and the great thread. I've been waiting for the market to drop and the dollar to strengthen so I can save 5 bucks on my order :)

Tony
Bush Buddy ULTRA price police Sergeant at Arms

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Bushbuddy Ultra Wood Stove on 05/05/2009 09:57:16 MDT Print View

I love you guys' nerdy (yet official sounding) "Price Police" names.

Darrell Trump
(dtrumpster1) - F

Locale: Connecticut
Bushbuddy on 05/05/2009 10:06:21 MDT Print View

trumpster

Thanks everyone for the pricing corrections - I grabbed my price off of BPL then subtracked a reasonable amount for the two times I used it. I was not out to gouge anyone - would not do that to a fellow trecker.

BTW: I did sell the stove - also thanks to all who were interested

. .
(biointegra) - MLife

Locale: Puget Sound
Re: Bushbuddy on 05/05/2009 10:45:11 MDT Print View

Cheers Darrell! No one thought you were gouging - although whomever carved the letters in that sign evidently did.

I'm officially retired from the department now anyway; I was only deputized for one post. It's too bad too, because I just found these awesome socks:

DeFeetPoliceSocks

...What do ya say Sam?