Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Bushbuddy Ultra Wood Stove
Display Avatars Sort By:
Darrell Trump
(dtrumpster1) - F

Locale: Connecticut
Bushbuddy Ultra Wood Stove on 05/04/2009 14:11:57 MDT Print View

Here is your chance to pick up a real cool stove at a discounted price. This stove has been used twice, is in perfect condition, I even have the wood box it came in. Looking for best offer, includes shipping. The BPL link is below. You can send any questions you might have to

Bushbuddy Ultra Wood Stove
Originally custom-built for Ryan Jordan and the Arctic 1000 expedition, the Bushbuddy Ultra is an environmentally-sensitive (non-scarring), high performance woodfire cook stove.

Edited by dtrumpster1 on 05/05/2009 07:14:26 MDT.

Dan Cunningham

Locale: Land of 12,000 Loons
Re: Bushbuddy Ultra Wood Stove on 05/04/2009 19:34:58 MDT Print View

Hi Darrell - normally I'd PM you instead, but your account isn't set up for PM's. I don't mean to be the price police, but you should look at and do the exchange rate from Canadian to US. Brand new they are $10 cheaper including the $7 shipping. The exchange rate fluctuates, and it's been in our favor for a while now. I think that may be why BPL hasn't stocked them since last year.

Derek Nestell
(dnestell) - F
BB Ultra on 05/05/2009 07:12:31 MDT Print View

I am looking for BB ultra. However, I am only looking to spend around 75.00 w/shipping. They are currently going for about 98.00 w/shipping new. I know this is considerably less than your asking price but I just thought I would throw it out there if you are interested.

/A .
(biointegra) - MLife

Locale: Puget Sound
Re: Bushbuddy Ultra Wood Stove on 05/05/2009 09:16:21 MDT Print View

Darrell: I'd take Derek up on his offer. $75 is totally reasonable and it doesn't cost much to ship since it is only 5 oz. I paid $92 (shipped new) for mine a few weeks ago when the exchange rate was just a bit better. I think Dan (aka "Minnesota Nice" paid about the same ;)

Can you feel the community love?

Special Agent B.-Buddy
BPL Price Police

Tony Fleming
(TonyFleming) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
Bush Buddy Ultra price comparision unfair! on 05/05/2009 09:36:30 MDT Print View

Dan and Aaron,

I just have to point out that you are not comparing the same product, and thus not being very fair to Darrell and Derek :) As I understand it the new Bush Buddy Ultra stoves that Fritz is turning out now weigh in about .4 oz less at 4.7 to 4.75 oz each. Thus, you cannot make a price comparison between these two stoves :)

PS thanks for the pics and the great thread. I've been waiting for the market to drop and the dollar to strengthen so I can save 5 bucks on my order :)

Bush Buddy ULTRA price police Sergeant at Arms

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Bushbuddy Ultra Wood Stove on 05/05/2009 09:57:16 MDT Print View

I love you guys' nerdy (yet official sounding) "Price Police" names.

Darrell Trump
(dtrumpster1) - F

Locale: Connecticut
Bushbuddy on 05/05/2009 10:06:21 MDT Print View

Thanks everyone for the pricing corrections - I grabbed my price off of BPL then subtracked a reasonable amount for the two times I used it. I was not out to gouge anyone - would not do that to a fellow trecker.

BTW: I did sell the stove - also thanks to all who were interested

/A .
(biointegra) - MLife

Locale: Puget Sound
Re: Bushbuddy on 05/05/2009 10:45:11 MDT Print View

Cheers Darrell! No one thought you were gouging - although whomever carved the letters in that sign evidently did.

I'm officially retired from the department now anyway; I was only deputized for one post. It's too bad too, because I just found these awesome socks:

...What do ya say Sam?