Price police ????
Display Avatars Sort By:
Tony Fleming
(TonyFleming) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
Seperate WTB from FS on 05/05/2009 09:45:59 MDT Print View

After listing a few things FS, I realized the FS items get pushed off the first page to quickly and I have since restrained from posting my every want out of courtesy to other sellers.

Tony

Tom Caldwell
(Coldspring) - F

Locale: Ozarks
re: Separate WTB from FS on 05/05/2009 09:50:14 MDT Print View

Sounds like a good idea to me. I don't see how it would make things any more complicated or use any more bandwidth.

Edited by Coldspring on 05/05/2009 11:20:16 MDT.

Henry Blake
(Dragon) - F

Locale: Minnesota
I'm With Jonathon on 05/05/2009 09:52:37 MDT Print View

I've bought stuff on eBay and on this site. I prefer this site for the "tight" community it is. It focuses more on what's important to me (ie. going lighter).

Several years ago, I bought an aluminum mountain bike frame from a local guy. He and I became friends, rode bikes together, socialized with our wives, and traded more gear with each other. I "sold" him a carbon fiber frame (cheap) and bought a track bike (cheap) from him. I loaned him my tools. He's as close to me now as a brother. It has been an all around good experience.

P.S.—The "family squabbling friction" on this site is minimal by my way of thinking (but fun to "observe" when it occasionally occurs, just like TV Show friction is fun to see. Many of us may have a unique family member we might prefer to sometimes not claim, but the "hand" has been dealt, and has to be dealt with. It keeps life interesting.

Michael Davis
(mad777) - F

Locale: South Florida
Re: Seperate WTB from FS on 05/05/2009 10:43:03 MDT Print View

I like the current system pretty much as is. The refinement of WTB vs FS would be OK with me, but not necessary. I do go to "Recent Posts" mostly but if I am curious as to what is for sale, I surf to "Gear Swap" and can find most current offers without turning too many pages.

I do like the idea of buying and selling within our community here. I recently made purchases from both Jonathan and Steve Evans.

I think most of us have a 'beyond normal' attachment to our gear, even if we are replacing it with the lastest gram saving version, and we somehow feel better if our old gear has found a good home where it will be well cared for and appreciated.

Bob Bankhead
(wandering_bob) - MLife

Locale: Oregon, USA
Separete WTB from FS on 05/05/2009 11:05:42 MDT Print View

White Blaze, the AT Forum, does this quite well. They have several sub-forums in the GEAR section, including separate ones for Gear Wanted and Gear For Sale.

Andrew Richardson
(arichardson6) - F

Locale: North East
Re: donating member? on 05/05/2009 17:08:04 MDT Print View

Hey OP, So you've been a member for a little while...maybe you've heard of the Chaff section? Just wondering since that's where this post belongs..

Edited by arichardson6 on 05/05/2009 17:08:39 MDT.