cool idea which can replace your tipod
Display Avatars Sort By:
Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa) - M
cool idea which can replace your tipod on 04/27/2009 23:07:02 MDT Print View

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1041948/1_image_stabilizer_for_any_camera_lose_the_tripod/

Joseph Reeves
(Umnak)

Locale: Southeast Alaska
Camera Stabilizer on 04/27/2009 23:19:06 MDT Print View

Very cool idea, though I bet a piece of plastic would work well for the base and would be, of course, lighter.

thanks

Ashley Brown
(ashleyb) - F
Re: Camera Stabilizer on 04/27/2009 23:30:35 MDT Print View

Yes, this has been posted before on BPL.

Another interesting variation was suggested recently too: using your hiking pole as a monopod, attach three pieces of string and peg it into the ground to make 'tripod legs'. That way it is stable enough to use for long exposures or to put yourself in the picture. A bit slow to setup though so you wouldn't want to be doing it all the time. A nice option to have though.

te - wa
(mikeinfhaz) - F

Locale: Phoenix
beanbag tripod on 04/27/2009 23:36:13 MDT Print View

i had a guy show me a beanbag monopod used to set your camera on a rock, stump, or other unlevel surface. Different approach than this trick, but a ripstop beanbag filled with lentil beans weighs 1oz.

Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa) - M
Re: Re: Camera Stabilizer on 04/28/2009 01:05:51 MDT Print View

Another variation which just came to my mind:

>Make a loop knot at both ends of a cord and attach the loop to each side of your camera. You simply place your foot in the middle of the cord. This way you can further eliminate any movement.

>By adding a cord lock you can also adjust the height.

Walter Carrington
(Snowleopard) - M

Locale: Mass.
sweater on 04/28/2009 07:44:37 MDT Print View

I've taken good pictures with a 300mm lens (35mm camera) supporting the camera on backpack plus sweater. I'll be getting my first camera with image stabilization tomorrow.

The posted idea might work very well for doing panorama photos with my new camera that has a panorama mode. The video claims it almost eliminates vertical motion and allows panning.
--Walter

Edited by Snowleopard on 04/28/2009 07:49:46 MDT.