Thermarest grip project
Display Avatars Sort By:
Don Meredith
(donmeredith) - F

Locale: SouthEast
Thermarest grip project on 04/27/2009 06:07:55 MDT Print View

I need to add some traction to the bottom of my Thermarest since it skates around the floor of The One pretty badly. I've read about dots and stripes. I'm wondering if I could get more grip and less weight by thinning down silicone to the point that it would spray through the nozzle of a spritz bottle. The idea would be that I'd get a very thin / mirco-lumpy (to coin a phrase) layer of sticky surface. With the lines or dots only the surface helps so all of the other material under the surface of the added material is wasted, right? I know, I have an addiction.

David Stapleton
(KamperDave) - F

Locale: VA, DC, MD
Tried the dots, didn't work for me. on 04/27/2009 07:20:13 MDT Print View

I'm totally new to this awesome site (first post!). I tried adding dots to the bottom of my pad but still found that I slipped to the lowest area of my Double Rainbow during the night.

Not exactly sure what I'm going to try next so I'll be watching this thread.

-Dave

Jeremy Hankinson
(kersh1) - F
Rug Anti-Slip on 05/02/2009 01:00:51 MDT Print View

You can get a sticky dacron looking material from Carpet stores (here in NZ) It's used to stops mats slipping on carpet, You could use two thin strips of this under your 'heavy' points (hips & shoulders usually). It weighs nothing and seems to stay sticky when removed. Good Luck