Forum Index » Gear Swap » Jansport D2 wanted

Display Avatars Sort By:
SharonAnne Stinson
(SharonAnne) - F

Locale: Sonoran Desert
Jansport D2 wanted on 04/25/2009 16:28:08 MDT Print View

I am trying to find a duplicate of the pack I lost.

Gold anodized frame. Hip carry is of the loop type, not the flat blade. Pack has a rectangular opening into the upper section. The 'flap' has an external pocket @ 1.5" deep X10" wide and 12" tall.
The lower main pocket has a semi circular opening.
The side pockets are sewn along the sides,allowing cross country skis to slide in behind the upper and lower side pockets. There are single loop patches at the top of each upper pocket.

The divider between the main sections of the bag has a zipper so you can open up the 2 main pockets to form one big one. On top of the main bag are 4 loop patches to secure gear. The bottom of the main bag also has 4 patches. There is a single compression strap on the upper and lower main bags. The bottom corners each have a loop for an ice ax. One loop patch near the top and one mid pack are there to secure the ice ax handles.

On the front side, towards the wearers back, is a map pocket with a velcro tab to secure it. When wearing the pack, this pockets is between the main bag and the wearers back.

For extra support, 2 straps are sewn on the top front of the pack that are secured to the top loop of the frame.
The bottom of the main bag has 2 straps sewn to the bottom front of the main bag that are secured to the bottom loop of the frame.

I know this sounds fussy; it is. I have found that the D2 series pack had tremendous diversity when it came to the features of the bag. One writer on this forum said his bag could be removed from the external frame and be carried as an internal frame pack. Mine could not.

So, if you have a D2 pack that fits the criteria, and you are willing to part with it, please contact me, in forum or email.

PS, if the pack color is that of ripe wheat, it is a bonus.

Kelly Chaplin
(kellycx) - F
Jansport D2 on 09/07/2009 21:48:31 MDT Print View

So, did you ever locate a real D2?

If you located two, I'd like the other one. :)