Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
NEW MLD Dyneema X Colors
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ron Bell
(mountainlaureldesigns) - F - M

Locale: USA
NEW MLD Dyneema X Colors on 04/25/2009 00:42:30 MDT Print View

Hi All,

Looking for feedback on a new color for the MLD Packs in Dyneema X for Fall 2009.

We have a Dyneema X order going in soon and wanted your feedback on a new color - or should we stay the same?

What color would you like to see?

Ok to email me a .jpg color swatch or you can just name/describe it here or post the color idea in this thread. OK to point to another existing product out there that's puurddy.

Just off the top - we're thinking of a muted Gray + Green...Like a dull Lichen shade.
breen color

Also, what colors do you absolutely HATE?

Maybe post a LOVE / HATE list to help guide us.

Thanks!

Diplomatic Mike
(MikefaeDundee)

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland
Re : NEW MLD Dyneema X Colors on 04/25/2009 02:50:34 MDT Print View

I HATE bright coloured packs.

Muted is best. Personally, i like the present grey colour. Maybe it would be good to stick to the grey, and use it as a brand identity. Thats my vote anyway. :)

Dan Cunningham
(mn-backpacker)

Locale: Land of 12,000 Loons
Re: NEW MLD Dyneema X Colors on 04/25/2009 07:19:49 MDT Print View

I generally don't go for bright colors, but I don't mind accents.

I do like your current gray packs. The green looks decent too, but may be too similar to ULA.

Thom Darrah
(thomdarrah) - MLife

Locale: Southern Oregon
New MLD Dyneema X Colors on 04/25/2009 07:52:06 MDT Print View

I like the gray color that is being used for the 09 packs.

John Haley
(Quoddy) - F

Locale: New York/Vermont Border
Re: New MLD Dyneema X Colors on 04/25/2009 08:44:38 MDT Print View

The color on the posted swatch is good since I like a gray/green.

Miguel Arboleda
(butuki) - MLife

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan
Re: New MLD Dyneema X Colors on 04/25/2009 09:42:45 MDT Print View

I don't think asking people here what their color preferences are is the best way to determine what colors to use. There will always be people who like certain colors and hate others. It would be best to offer a choice, one muted color, one bright color so that for both at least there is a variety for a variety of people. GoLite I think gives a good selection so that people can choose.

I personally hate black or everything-is-brown-and-green choices, though I do use those colors for some items. Sometimes I just want a bit of cheer in what I have.

Johann Burkard
(johannb) - F

Locale: Europe
Colors on 04/25/2009 11:06:32 MDT Print View

Haglöfs has some funky colors. I love "Budgie Green" and some of their other colors.

Doug Johnson
(djohnson) - MLife

Locale: Washington State
Re: Re: New MLD Dyneema X Colors on 04/25/2009 12:41:23 MDT Print View

I think that green is a really cool color. So many ultralight items are grey (or cuben plastic baggy). :-)

I would definitely prefer the green.

Ron Bell
(mountainlaureldesigns) - F - M

Locale: USA
Re: Re: Re: New MLD Dyneema X Colors on 05/29/2009 14:54:10 MDT Print View

Your input was received and processed!

The consensus (from various sources: forums, calls, emails, interrogations, etc,) was that the current gray was nice but a bit darker would be great.

We have selected the new color - a little darker gray, about a 75% gray. In between the current med gray and a black. It should look sharp with the darker gray contrasting with the white Dyneema threads.

We feel it's a nice shade that is both unassuming and at the same time interesting. art theory blah blah blah... Maybe we can look at a two color choice in 2010.

It will show up in the MLD gear in late fall this year.

Thanks!