(addiebedford) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Tools and Techniques to Sew Like a Pro on 04/21/2009 17:09:00 MDT Print View

Companion forum thread to:

Tools and Techniques to Sew Like a Pro

Steven Evans
(Steve_Evans) - MLife

Locale: Canada
Re: Tools and Techniques to Sew Like a Pro on 04/21/2009 21:40:46 MDT Print View

This is great info for guys like me...thanks!

Mark McLauchlin
(markmclauchlin) - MLife

Locale: Western Australia
Re: Re: Tools and Techniques to Sew Like a Pro on 04/22/2009 08:29:37 MDT Print View

Agree, very good read, well done. Bit of an MYOG'er myself.

One strong message from me....you don't need to spend big on a machine or setup to create some really good gear. My machine was second hand and cost me $20.00 still going strong.

**EDIT - to correct spelling

Edited by markmclauchlin on 04/22/2009 08:30:40 MDT.

Douglas Frick
(Otter) - MLife

Locale: Wyoming
Re: Tools and Techniques to Sew Like a Pro on 04/22/2009 09:35:09 MDT Print View

Excellent article! I've sewn some items of my own, and there's a lot of info here I wish I'd known then. I am planning another project, so this is great timing.

Another article I've found useful is Ray Jardine's "Sewing Tips".

http://www.rayjardine.com/papers/sewing-tips/index.htm

Edited by Otter on 04/22/2009 09:36:04 MDT.

Joe Kuster
(slacklinejoe) - MLife

Locale: Flatirons
Tools and Techniques to Sew Like a Pro on 04/22/2009 11:27:32 MDT Print View

Good job Ron!

Of course, some of the photos were a "Where's Waldo" with spotting some of my equipment. :)

Michael Clow
(MikeClow) - MLife

Locale: Rocky Mountain West
Sew like a pro on 04/23/2009 21:09:02 MDT Print View

Thanks for the great tips. I can see how they could ease some of my sewing fumbles and frustrations. That said, sewing and repairing some of my own gear is fun and very satisfying.

Dan Cunningham
(mn-backpacker)

Locale: Land of 12,000 Loons
Re: Tools and Techniques to Sew Like a Pro on 04/23/2009 21:53:18 MDT Print View

I'd like to thank Ron and BPL staff for producing this article. I had just started shopping or a sewing machine, and this came out. Great info that's geared for this audience. I really feel like I have somewhere to start now. Thank you!