Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
What's with "No Access" to "Back in Stock" Thread?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Richard Scruggs
(JRScruggs) - MLife

Locale: Oregon
What's with "No Access" to "Back in Stock" Thread? on 04/18/2009 00:47:10 MDT Print View

When I tried to access a "Back in Stock" posting that shows in the "recent postings" as being posted by Sam about an hour ago, I saw only the following statement -- even though I had signed into BPL:

"You do not have access to view this thread."

What's with this "no access" message for a BPL member to a thread?

Maybe it's just that the BPL computer has taken over and gone on strike for a pay raise.

JRS

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: What's with "No Access" to "Back in Stock" Thread? on 04/18/2009 07:25:23 MDT Print View

Yep...strange that even a member can't see what's back in stock...lol.

Mary D
(hikinggranny) - MLife

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge
What's with "No Access" to "Back in Stock" Thread? on 04/18/2009 15:50:26 MDT Print View

I'm puzzled too. I thought at first it was a members-only thing because I wasn't signed in, but obviously it's "no access" for members, too. I can see limiting posting privileges to BPL staff only, so that the thread contains only the info on what is now available and not all our ramblings. But why limit read-only privileges? Non-members do order from the BPL store, and also need this information.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
What's with "No Access" to "Back in Stock" Thread? on 04/18/2009 23:39:26 MDT Print View

Should be visible now folks, sorry 'bout that.

Mary D
(hikinggranny) - MLife

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge
Hooray! on 04/18/2009 23:52:26 MDT Print View

Thanks, Sam! Now that it's no longer invisible, it's exactly what I was hoping for!