A gripe with Gear Swap posts
Display Avatars Sort By:
Andrew Richardson
(arichardson6) - F

Locale: North East
A gripe with Gear Swap posts on 04/16/2009 13:04:01 MDT Print View

I hate when I am browsing Gear Swap and people delete their price off the page and put a big SOLD in it's place.

It is great to know the item sold, but leaving the price in would be helpful to everyone. It's nice to be able to gauge what items go for and that is impossible to do when people keep deleting their prices. There should be a rule about leaving the price that the item sold at in the original post.

I think this would help sellers know what they should expect to get and buyers can know what they should be willing to pay.

I believe this has been discussed before, but it still happens too often I think.

Tom Caldwell
(Coldspring) - F

Locale: Ozarks
A gripe with Gear Swap posts on 04/16/2009 13:19:45 MDT Print View

At least you don't have to study the thread for five minutes to guess what's left.

Though, I am wondering what the Oware Cattarp 2 went for yesterday?

Andrew Richardson
(arichardson6) - F

Locale: North East
Re: A gripe with Gear Swap posts on 04/16/2009 14:07:12 MDT Print View

Yeah, when items are sold it should be indicated in the original post, but the price should be left in the process.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Re: A gripe with Gear Swap posts on 04/16/2009 14:48:06 MDT Print View

I agree. There's really no need for sellers to delete out the prices after their items have sold.

OTOH, one can never know for sure whether the items really sold "as listed". Seems like no matter how low I price my items, I always get emails asking if I could go $5 or $10 lower...

Richard Sullivan
(richard.s) - MLife

Locale: Supernatural BC
Re: Re: Re: A gripe with Gear Swap posts on 04/22/2009 17:13:05 MDT Print View

Rule of thumb...People will always offer 3/4 of your asking price. Must be something in the human DNA that makes us all want a 25% discount even though it's already cheap!!