(ryan) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Greater Yellowstone
John Muir's Birthplace - a Photo Essay on 04/14/2009 23:59:24 MDT Print View

Companion forum thread to:

John Muir's Birthplace - a Photo Essay

JASON CUZZETTO
(cuzzettj) - MLife

Locale: NorCal - South Bay
RE: "John Muir's Birthplace - a Photo Essay" on 04/15/2009 07:13:28 MDT Print View

Chris -

Nice Essay. These are really a favorite of mine. Keep them coming.

greg hummel
(ghummel)

Locale: Southern California
Re: John Muir's Birthplace on 04/15/2009 09:13:44 MDT Print View

Chris,

Great photo essay, informative, inspirational and so on focus.

BTW, since you hiked the PCT in '82, do you or any of your co-thrus have a list of '80's PCT hikers? I have a nearly complete list up to 1979 that I'm constantly revising as new info surfaces. It would be fun to extend it into the '80's.

Greg Hummel

Chris Townsend
(Christownsend) - MLife

Locale: Cairngorms National Park
PCT Hikers in the 80s on 04/16/2009 16:07:29 MDT Print View

Greg, I don't have an 80s PCT hikers list I'm afraid. It would be interesting to see one.

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Re: John Muir's Birthplace - a Photo Essay on 04/16/2009 17:59:37 MDT Print View

Chris,
Very nice addition to BPL's articles. Even after all of these years, his phrasing and insights to the world around us still sound wonderful.
Tom

Russell Swanson
(rswanson) - F

Locale: Midatlantic
Thank you on 04/17/2009 06:18:09 MDT Print View

This is one of my favorite BPL articles to date. Excellent job Chris and much thanks.

Brian Peck
(brianpeck) - MLife

Locale: North America
Intersting article on 04/24/2009 22:26:10 MDT Print View

Chris, An interesting article and great quotes. I still recall reading your own long distance hiking exploits from my early days hiking, which were inspiring as well. Someday I'll indulge in a long hike!

John Coyle
(Bigsac)

Locale: NorCal
John Muir National Historic Site on 04/29/2009 11:45:34 MDT Print View

Some of you might also be interested in the John Muir National Historic Site in Martinez California (near San Francisco in Northern California) which is administered by the U.S. National Park Service. It includes the house in which Muir wrote most of his important works and part of the financially successful ranch that allowed him to pursue his interests. (he raised fruit and nuts) Muir is buried nearby. The information can be accessed by Googling John Muir National Historic Site.