Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Wine box bladder pillow?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Elizabeth Rothman
(erothman2) - F

Locale: Pacific NW
Wine box bladder pillow? on 04/08/2009 08:01:57 MDT Print View

I KNOW there was a thread about this, but the search function finds nothing, one post about a Starbucks coffee server bladder but that one had no how-to, just the initial a-ha. I have two (and counting) wine box innards to experiment with, but I'd appreciate any ideas- about that big spigot, about inflating and deflating-- or if someone with the keys to the kingdom can point me to the thread I remember, that'd work too. I see the potential but don't know how to get there. Thanks.

Nicholas Miller
(nmiller08) - F

Locale: Montana
"wine + pillow" on 04/08/2009 08:47:27 MDT Print View

using the "find all words" for wine and pillow gave a bunch of hits. I didn't read them all, but this tidbit seemed helpful:

Yes, the bladders from boxed wine make fine pillows as well as reliable water carriers. And they keep that pleasant, faint overtone of the oak barrels in which the wine was aged. Look for the kind with rubber valves. They look like thick disks. The plastic stopcock-type valve assemblies found on some brands do not come off easily and stop sealing after a few uses. Platypus containers work well, too, and that's what I am using these days."

From Vick Hines in this thread:

There were several other threads too, maybe one of them is what you're looking for. It sounds like the valve type might help answer some of your questions though, good luck!

Elizabeth Rothman
(erothman2) - F

Locale: Pacific NW
Thanks. on 04/09/2009 09:43:32 MDT Print View

I don't know why that post didn't come up for me. Thanks!

Edited by erothman2 on 04/09/2009 09:47:20 MDT.

Jeremy Greene
(tippymcstagger) - F

Locale: North Texas
Wine box bladder. New parts. on 04/09/2009 11:00:53 MDT Print View

You can get them without the smell and they are bigger.

REI watersack valve cap

REI watersack liner

Shower adapter (or make gravity or hydration system)