November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Bissel's Mound - Summit Cheeseburger Project
Display Avatars Sort By:
Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Bissel's Mound - Summit Cheeseburger Project on 04/02/2009 12:53:00 MDT Print View

The Summit Cheeseburger Project was started to encourage, enable, and document the consumption of a cheeseburger on every summit on earth.

I first took upon myself the challenge of contributing to this noble cause last summer with my summit of Electric Peak in Yellowstone National Park.

Recently I was visiting my newborn niece in Minnesota and grabbed a couple friends to introduce them to the cause. Our trip report can be viewed here:

Bissel’s Mound - Washington County, MN

White Castle Hamburgers

Don Meredith
(donmeredith) - F

Locale: SouthEast
South Carolina on 04/02/2009 20:26:03 MDT Print View

Problem solved. I was just griping about the lack of variety I take for lunches when I hike. I stumbled into the Summit Cheeseburger Project thanks to your post. I'm excited to see that I still have a chance to document a peak in South Carolina! I'm thinking a black bean burger with horseradish mustard and pepper jack cheese... I can almost taste it!

Thanks - very cool link.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Summit Cheeseburger Project on 04/02/2009 22:09:27 MDT Print View

I look forward to seeing more BPL'ers doing cheeseburger summits. Chris Wallace also tells me he's going to do something in Georgia - you hear me Chris? I'm holding you to it now!

It's such a funny concept and for that I love it. We get so serious about extreme expeditions and what not that it's fun to cart along something totally silly like a cheeseburger and just have fun with a climb.

Johann Burkard
(johannb) - F

Locale: Europe
Re: Summit Cheeseburger Project on 04/03/2009 04:38:09 MDT Print View

Can I participate even with a vegetarian Cheeseburger?

Matt Lutz
(citystuckhiker) - F

Locale: Midwest
Wow.... on 04/03/2009 05:32:19 MDT Print View

That might have been the craziest trip report I have ever read. Full narrative, lots of alcohol and flat, flat, Minnesota.

Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Locale: .
Re: Summit Cheeseburger Project on 04/03/2009 05:39:42 MDT Print View

I hear you Sam. Next trip out the burgers will come.

Jim Colten
(jcolten) - M

Locale: MN
Re: Bissel's Mound - Summit Cheeseburger Project on 04/03/2009 06:16:27 MDT Print View

D*MM, Sam!. This is twice in one week I missed a chance for a great reply to BPL humor!

My first thought on seeing your new avatar was "Is that a slider in Sam's mouth? ... naw, no way he could get a slider in Bozeman" But it was!

Can't say I've ever had one with cheese though. I dearly love cheese but Real Hikers (TM) eat their sliders straight up! And only when they have a good supply of shop towels (regardless of Clelland's advice:-)

I wonder if Sarbar could come up with a recipe for a Freezer Bag slider ... Hikers Heaven!

Oh, while I'm no beer snob, I gotta ask ... Miller? With a Leinies in the fridge?

Devin Montgomery
(dsmontgomery) - MLife

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble
Re: Bissel's Mound - Summit Cheeseburger Project on 04/03/2009 06:24:40 MDT Print View

Very noble cause. :)

This reminds me of the "Pocket Burger" a buddy of mind introduced me to during our last ski trip. It's just like a regular burger, only it is served fresh from the pocket, mid-lift, during the latter part of a ski trip.

Edited by dsmontgomery on 04/03/2009 06:26:46 MDT.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Bissel's Mound - Summit Cheeseburger Project on 04/03/2009 10:49:58 MDT Print View

I expect to hear Summit Cheeseburger reports from all of you this summer - and yes, Johan you can definitely do a veggie-burger!

The narrative was written by my best friend, Jon because he has the best memory for remembering precise details about things like ninja monkies and such.

Jim, I have no idea if I can get White Castle in Bozeman - I've never tried. But when I was at Len's Family Foods in my hometown of Stillwater, MN at 11:00pm on a Friday night planning for our "Great Adventure" it was the first package of frozen cheeseburgers I saw ; )

And to The beer afficianados out there I say, yes, my friends and I have an affinity for beer - good, bad, mediocre, quality, warm, cold, etc, etc, etc - we like it all!