Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
PCT 2009 Base Camp please?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Walker
(mwalker) - F

Locale: Everywhere. All of the time.
PCT 2009 Base Camp please? on 04/01/2009 21:48:35 MDT Print View

Coming from NZ to walk the PCT sometime early May. What I need is somewhere to leave some things I won't need for hiking, someone to post me a few things along the way (second and third guide book, etc), and a US address to possibly get a few things posted to, save getting them posted here only to carry them with me on the plane. Someone living in So Cal would be easiest I guess.

This would be a massive help and forever appreciated.
I can be found here or at michaelstwalker at hotmail dot com.

Thanks.

Scott S
(sschloss1) - F

Locale: New England
PCT-L on 04/01/2009 21:55:44 MDT Print View

I can't help you (I leave for my PCT thru in 2 weeks), but if you don't find someone here, you might try mailing the pct-l list (see here)--lots of helpful people out there.

Zack Karas
(iwillchopyou@hotmail.com) - MLife

Locale: Lake Tahoe
PCT bounce box on 04/02/2009 09:05:10 MDT Print View

if you are unable to find anyone, you can always put those items in a bounce box. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Michael Walker
(mwalker) - F

Bounce Box. on 04/03/2009 19:55:37 MDT Print View

Yeah, I will be using a bounce box. I would just rather not have everything in it, all the time.

Anitra Kass
(Anitraten) - F

Locale: SoCal
PCT Base Camp on 04/04/2009 22:55:06 MDT Print View

Michael,
I will be living at a base camp in Colorado 3 miles from the nearest dirt road so I can't help you out but if you check out the ADZPCTKO ride board, there are some people who offer to put hikers up and then give them a ride to the border to start their hikes. I bet you could contact them, arrange transport and they would probably let you have a few things sent to them.

Hope that helps. Happy Trails,
NITRO

Michael Walker
(mwalker) - F

Ride Board. on 04/06/2009 21:13:11 MDT Print View

Ahh, I was sure something like this existed, I just could not find it.
Thanks muchly.