Forum Index » Chaff » She Doesn't Need No Stinkin' Gun!

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
She Don't Need No Stinkin' Gun! on 04/01/2009 11:19:27 MDT Print View

84 year old, 4 ft. 7 in. granny saw a strange man in her kitchen and instinctively rushed him, grabbed him by both hands, and dragged him out of the house. Her granddaughter called the police. Granny held the hapless (and helpless) 5' 7", 22 year old male until police arrived -- who searched the thief and recovered $1,500 in cash.

"I wasn't afraid", grandma later told police.

Click here or here.

Edited by ben2world on 04/01/2009 11:28:39 MDT.

Miguel Arboleda
(butuki) - MLife

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan
Re: She Don't Need No Stinkin' Gun! on 04/01/2009 11:40:53 MDT Print View

If you read Japanese, you can read it here, too. She's 83 years old, not 84.

You up to more mischief, Ben?

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: She Don't Need No Stinkin' Gun! on 04/01/2009 11:50:55 MDT Print View

Imagine the deep psychological scar that 22yo thief will carry for the rest of his life! Is there a video of him? :)

You better be careful there, Miguel -- don't mess with Japanese grandmas!

Edited by ben2world on 04/01/2009 12:10:41 MDT.

Kendall Clement
(socalpacker) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
She Doesn't Need No Stinkin' Gun! on 04/22/2009 10:20:17 MDT Print View

That's really humiliating! She is one tough woman. Hell, just reading about this has left me scarred for life.

Neil Bender
(nebender) - F
Re: She Don't Need No Stinkin' Gun! on 04/22/2009 12:48:22 MDT Print View

I think this story tells us more about the capabilities of the intruder (or lack thereof) than the defender. He probably didn't intend to hurt anyone, and the Japanese respect for elders and the social constraint of shame most likely prevented any normal self preservation instinct from activating his aggression. In most other parts of the world this would have been an assault or homicide investigation rather than a thwarted burglary.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
reasonable. on 04/22/2009 13:13:20 MDT Print View

Well that's a very intelligent and reasonable possible explanation of the actual situation. What a refreshing departure from the usual chaff postings.