Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Tyvek tape
Display Avatars Sort By:
Troy Ammons
(tammons) - F - MLife
Tyvek tape on 03/27/2009 08:11:07 MDT Print View

Does tyvek tape bond well enough to hold a tarp, bag, poncho or tent together ??

Like double stick at seams, single sided for reinforcement of corners etc.

I know glue will work too, but thought tape would be easier.

Denis Hazlewood
(redleader) - MLife

Locale: Luxury-Light Luke on the Llano Azul
Tyvek Tape on 03/27/2009 09:39:02 MDT Print View

I have used Tyvek tape to make Tyvek ground sheets for two of my tents. One of them has been used for four years, with no signs of peeling. On the first sheet I wrapped strips of Tyvek with Tyvek tape and then used the tape to fasten the strips to the sheet, as corner tie-outs. These are staked,under tension, to keep the ground sheet in place. I tested these tie-outs by pulling on them very hard. They have worked well, and show no signs of failure. The "seam" is a simple overlap, with both sides taped. Not pretty, but very serviceable.

Troy Ammons
(tammons) - F - MLife
I give, where can I buy 1 and 2 sided tyvek tape ?? on 03/27/2009 10:15:53 MDT Print View

I give, where can I buy 1 and 2 sided tyvek tape ??
Maybe about 1" wide. I found a source for 1 sided tape but not 2 sided.

Thanks

Denis Hazlewood
(redleader) - MLife

Locale: Luxury-Light Luke on the Llano Azul
Re: Tyvek Tape on 03/27/2009 11:17:47 MDT Print View

I've never heard of two sided Tyvek tape. Where have you heard of this item. I'd like to get some.

I get my Tyvek and Tyvek tape form Home Depot or Lowe's.

Edited by redleader on 03/27/2009 11:19:00 MDT.

Troy Ammons
(tammons) - F - MLife
Re: Re: Tyvek Tape on 03/27/2009 11:26:10 MDT Print View

Gees,

I think it was on the dupont website.

http://www2.dupont.com/Tyvek_Construction/en_IE/products/accessories/accessories2/doublesided_tape.html

Ill be darned if I can find any though.

. .
(biointegra) - MLife

Locale: Puget Sound
2-sided Tyvek Tape on 03/27/2009 13:52:52 MDT Print View

Home Despot will typically special order any product with no shipping cost to you. Go to the 'pro desk' and tell them what you want. For example, I was in need of a dust port accessory for a makita saw that I couldn't find anywhere and it cost me a whopping $2.13 from HD and took about a week to arrive. Sometimes monopolies are convenient.